Are books clubs and the like a good place to meet decent men?

As the title says...and if anyone has any suggestions aside from bars or the gym, I'm all ears

Most Helpful Guy

• Get a bike, and start riding. Stop off at a few cafe's, your be surprised at how easy it is to meet us guys when you do something we enjoy doing. You only struggle to meet guys when you do the girly things, like avon, makeup and nails lol, but due to us guys being pretty active, this is pretty much a great way to start. Look at some of the things guys like to do, and then try and generate an interest. It doesn't have to be football, bars and the gym, although rugby is a great way to meet real gentlemen lol, and even art exhibitions. were pretty easy to find when you generalise the kind of guy you want to meet, good luck, x

What Guys Said 5

• decent men lol how funny, your funny, you'll find decent men, charming men, lovely guys but i bet you that you won't want them because thats typical sodz law of you women.

what you will do is find a good looking guy who will charm the socks off you, go on a few dates, have sex, have a relationship possibly then he ill stop caring, you will break up with him or visa versa, you'll moan saying there's no nice guys out there.

you'll prob tell your troubles to a girl mate or a nerdy or chubby fat guy mate who you know is a lovely guy who has prob liked you for ages but you have no desire to be with.

seriously if you want to find a decent guy then go for a guy with low confidence in himself because then he will worship you, sure he might be chubby or not your type but what do you expect,

why do you think some fit guys when going to bars to have a one night stand seek out girls with less confidence in themselves, because they are easy targets and like that a fit guy even looked at them.

sorry for being harsh

• 1st thought hahahahahahahahah
    2nd thought dance classes - ANY type, may not immediately lead to a guy but does open a new social calendar that might
    #3 sports clubs, e.g. swim club/team, anything "country club"
    #4 some do well at church, adult Bible classes comes as close to a "book club" that attracts OK men - church socials might lead to more male interactions and networking
    #5 get a job around men (or change jobs)

• I can't imagine - as a heterosexual male - ever going to a book club in my life.

• if thats what you enjoy

• if you feel me come to me the best.

What Girls Said 3

• Book clubs are good if you like reading, naturally lol :) My mum used to go to one and she said it was mostly a lot of women there but she did meet up with people afterwards for coffees now and then, so it does work if you want to get to know a guy I suppose. I met a guy who used to work at a garage because I had to pop in all the time to check on my granddad's car.

Possibly church if you're religious? Amateur dramatics? A local coffee shop you go into a lot? (you get your regulars) Volunteering?

Not sure if any of that was helpful but good luck in your search! :)

• never been to one but if I did it wouldn't be to meet someone

• Book clubs are tacofest territory...