How would you feel if you found out the person you like cuts? Would you be in a relationship someone who cuts?

Would you be in a relationship someone who cuts? Or would you be too ashamed to be with them? I like someone right now, who likes me back,(www.girlsaskguys.com/.../q1025645-the-boy-i-like-likes-me-back-now-what) and I am trying to stop cutting, but, I worried. What if he finds out I used to cut. Last time someone found out, it went badly. (www.girlsaskguys.com/.../q925337-i-just-lost-most-important-person-to-me--what) How would you feel if you found out the person you like cuts? (comment please)

• Yes.
  • No.
  • Not sure/see answers
I'm so paranoid how he might react because of last time with my friend...
I told him and he was understanding and very sweet about it. It didn't seem to bother him he still likes me in the same way.

Most Helpful Guy

• I think people need to sort out their lives before seeking a relationship. In that sense I wouldn't date someone who cuts but if a girl did cut in the past I could accept that and be happy that she overcame it.

Before people judge me on my answer realize that I'm also not seeking a relationship until I sort out things in my life so it isn't like I'll judge other people differently than I would myself.

What Guys Said 2

• You need to be able to show a good level of stability before having a relationship. If the guy can see that you are now stable, then I see no reason why he wouldn't want to get to know you. Treat people how you would like to be treated I say.x

• Yeah, I'm just really paranoid due to last time with a friend that he might react badly or something.

• Well if he's a desent guy, he might want to understand it a little and ask you your views why, but if he judges you, then really, he's not a worthy guy for you, x

• Well I would want to be there for them. I would want them to turn me rather than cutting themselves.

What Girls Said 9

• I wouldn't. Why? I cut in the past and I believe someone who does that is not ready for a relationship. My boyfriend deals with the couple of scars I have but I sorted out my life on my own first.

• I said.no not out of cruelty, but knowing the drama that a relationship brings will only fuel the fire. I cannot change a person and I cannot be responsible for their actions. Having someone they rely on as an emotional crutch will not get them better nah ing someone who wants them to be better will not make them magically want to get better. As a past cutter I can attest that nine if my boyfriends could help me, and it really caused a lot of extra issues being in relationships while I struggled

• I used to cut. I wouldn't want to be with someone who judged me for that. Everyone has their ways of coping with life, some are just smarter than others. ;)
    You need to replace it with something else. Good luck!

• I will be sad..but, because I know how it is to try to stop cutting, i will help this person and give the love that he/she needs to stop cutting.. (:

• Hell no, I don't want to deal with all of that unnecessary drama.

• I wouldn't be in a relationship with someone who cuts. I am all about stability and security, this would just be an instant deal breaker for me.

• If I really really liked him. But otherwise I would be there as a friend.

• Well I'm not really sure about him but I used to cut and I was suicidal due to my past but my boyfriend accepted the fact I cut and he slowly helped me overcome it and I stopped cutting. I don't know if this helps but I just feel that people who truly love you wouldn't judge you or leave you just because you cut. Instead, they would stay by your side and help you overcome whatever difficulties you're having in whatever way they can and slowly convince you to stop cutting. That's all I can say. Hope this helps! :)

• I could only because I used to cut so I understand it.
    As far as trying to quit I suggest getting a notebook and writing the date down each time you cut. Then write in the day difference. It took me almost a year but once you hit that three month mark you don't wabt to start agin.