Was this wrong of me to tell his new girlfriend?

Was it wrong of me telling my ex bf's new girlfriend that he was a player. He brought her around me and he didn't expect me to talk to her. He was trying to show me that he can get another person. The truth is he's not ready for a relationship and he's a misogynist plus he has low self esteem. After his ex gf cheated on him and left with another man. He doesn't look as he can give his heart to another woman. We were together for 4 years and we discussed marriage and children. I found out after I forgave him once and he continued to do it like two other times.I had the chance to play him just the same I chose not to because that's not me. I dumped him instead. Even though after all he did to me I still had compassion for him after his first love cheated on him. I do realize that part why I told her was because I was pissed that he played me. The other part was because I was upset he's going to do the same to her. I met her and I really liked her as a person. After I said this I called him out in front of a friend of ours and his girlfriend. Anyways that girlfriend after a couple of weeks found out her man was cheating on her and she told him she would play the same game if that's what he wanted. I kind of feel after I outed my ex she got the courage to call her man out. I still don't think that's the solution on her playing him back. I know now that two wrongs don't make a right because than the cycle never ends. So I do agree that only because a guy cheats on a woman she shouldn't retaliate. Same if it's a guy going through this.

Most Helpful Guy

• If I'm honest it sounds like you are also not ready for moving on. I've kept my mouth shut about things I've heard of my ex fiancĂ© doing to her new man as her life is hers to live and mine is mine. It's best to just keep out of your exes life unless you were already a part of the new persons.

One day he will change, speaking from experience. Whether he does or not is no longer your concern.

What Guys Said 3

• I naturally tend to watch other people's backs when they are about to be screwed over. I feel you were in the right to warn her (so long as you did not sound like a crazy ex girlfriend.)

• Once they're in a relationship, it is not your place to tell her about his past.

• Sort of because she will find out herself if there's a future with him
    You can only control your path not others

What Girls Said 2

• I don't think you should have said anything. But to be honest, if I were you, I probably wouldn't have been able to resist it either.

It's not really your business any more (even if your ex was trying to make you jealous) and the more effective way of dealing with it would have been to walk away/ not say anything.

• I think you were in the right. I'd want to know about a mans past if I were dating him. Because I had a similar situation happen to me. I wish someone would have came to me and told me what happened with them and I'd have never even gotten involved enough to let myself get hurt. You did right