Height difference in dating? How big an issue?

Girls do you mind dating shorter guys/girls? And guys do you prefer to date Taller or shorter? I'm 5'10" and am curious as to see what orhers think.

Most Helpful Guy

• I don't mind dating a girl taller than me and i can't see why
    guys would have a problem, i knew this couple he was shorter
    and she was taller than him, they both got along good

What Guys Said 5

• I like tall girls cuz i'm 6'4"

sex with short girls feels like fucking a child. not that I would know from personal experience.

• definitely shorter. I'm 6'2", so that's really not an issue

• I'm around 6'5" and I don't care about height at all.

• It doesn't really make too much of a difference. But I see shortness (5'5 and less) as an attractive quality. I'd have troubles dating someone taller than me (6ft1)

• 5-10 is fine with me. I'm 6-4 though.

What Girls Said 5

• I am 5'2 and I prefer guys that are 6ft tall but max 6'5. However I don't mind dating guys a bit shorter than 6ft, but not shorter than 5'7.

• I'm also 5'10" and I generally noticed I'm approached my guys around my height and taller. No issues though :)

• I'm 5'6'' and I like to date tall men. Just my preference :)

• I'm 5'4.5''. Unfortunately, no, I won't be dating any men shorter than I am. there's an extremely slim chance of me doing that. Miracles and exceptions do happen, but I haven't met one guy under 5'4'' that I'm interested in dating. Its not attractive. And not even common where i live. In the states the average guy is about 5'10. That's where my preference for guys starts, 5'10/5'11 and I usually stick to that. Height difference is a big deal to be, but thats because I get a kick out of that traditional image of looking up and standing on my tip toes to kiss him, and I like to feel my guy towering over me. It's sexy. Plus, tall guys are really attractive in that aspect. 5'11-6'4 is generally what I prefer and what I date.

If I were like 5'11 or 6'0, then there may be plenty of slightly shorter guys that I'd be into (and taller, obviously). But shorter than 5'4...Not for me. Nothing wrong with them though, there are other women out there for them.

• I typically only date taller guys... but there is a time when even him being tall can be an issue. I dated a guy who is 7'1 and sadly (and as shallow as it may seem) I couldn't continue with him because I felt that he was just too tall. I'm 5'6. I started to think about our future children and wedding pictures and the fact that when I wanted to be on his level I had to stand on chairs.. it wasn't ideal.. Anyway- the shortest I've ever dated was 5'10. It's really not a huge issue and I don't go looking for a tall guy specifically however, the men I date have been over 6 foot.

• 7-1? Now that is tall. Were you charged long distance having conversations with him?

• haha yes its tall! long distance doesn't even do it justice