Do you think guys should ask a woman out in advance for a first date, or do you think asking spontaneously is okay?

Curious to see what opinions y'all have on this. I think it should be planned, not some spontaneous, thrown-together meeting.

What Guys Said 1

• I like a more gradual approach. Ask to meet for a coffee or something small/quick just to sorta like to test the waters, and go from there.

What Girls Said 1

• I think that it should be planned but that it shouldn't be complicated or extravagant, especially if you don't know how well you will get along. Just go for coffee at a nice coffee house or something like that and work up to the large, complicated dates later as you get to know each other better and know each others likes better in terms of activities that you will both enjoy.
    To be honest a first date that hasn't at least had a little thought would be very disappointing and would give me a bad impression of the person - they would give me the impression that they didn't really care about the date or about me.