Ladies.. how do you feel about dating a single dad?

well if your single and are attracted to each other?
would you date a single dad?
say you didn't have any children of your own.

I forgot something.. the dad isn't looking for a replacement mom
as they would already of course actually have a mom..

Most Helpful Girl

• I've dated two single dads. Nothing serious came of either, but they were great guys and we had fun.

Just because a guy has a kid isn't a reason to dismiss him in my opinion. However, if he has multiple kids from different women, no thanks!

What Girls Said 11

• If we were of similar ages it wouldn't affect me at all. I say that because if we were at different stages, it would be hard. If we were in our twenties and I wanted to party and have tons of fun and he needed to always be home by 9, it wouldn't work out very well. It would be very charming if he was a kind and responsible dad who is good with kids. I wouldn't mind helping him with the kids but I would like time on our own. The only thing that would affect me is in my religion it's a sin to get divorced, so I"d have to think through that. Other than that I'd be fine.

• but in a divorce, usually its a sin that caused it. or maybe even sins

• that is actually what my church stated, I would need to request an annulment in writing to the church, after the divorce is completed by the courts. once it has been approved (if) then I would be able to remarry again in the church.

• Ah, okay makes sense

• I wouldn't. I would take dating a single dad very seriously because there are kids Involved. And right now in my life, I'm not ready for that

• No.

I don't have children and I wouldn't want to be with someone, who does. I don't like kids.

This is of course my stance, many other women don't mind at all.

• I've dated a single dad and thought he was a great father and great guy. It just didn't work out for other reasons, but the being a dad part absolutely did not factor into it.

I've also dated a guy who had kids from two women. Won't go down that route again. Not because of him or the kids, but the drama of having to deal with kids used to different parenting, different time schedules for each of the kids, drama from their moms, etc. Too much baggage.

• i would have no problem, as long as there was no drama with the mom

• Doesn't bother me at all! I like kids.

• I've done it. Loved it. ♥

• I wouldn't have a problem with it but I am also divorced with kids so I kno how difficult it can be to date while being a single parnet

• It depends how many kids honestly , but for the most part I wouldn't care.

• My first child needs to be his first... so If I am divorced and already have children then yes I would date him but since I'm single and have none as of yet I want to give it a try with someone who has no kids.

• sure why not, id give anyone a chance :)

What Guys Said 0