Why do men date a pretty girl and then complain when they don't like her personality?

I have been told that I am hot all the time. And some guys will make zero effort to get to know me but I get upset much later when they realize that they don't like my personality and then they get upset when I refuse to sleep with them

*they get upset much later
Some guys do not like my personality not all. Only the ugly girls wish it was all of them lmao. It does not happen all the time

Most Helpful Guy

• Lol. It's because you two have different priorities. The guys are only talking to you because they want to sleep with you. They don't really care about your personality. That's priority #2 for them. They just want at that ass. However, you want them to like you for you because that's what you base guys on. You like guys for their personality and want to get to know them. Guy's like you based on your tits and ass. When guys don't get that ass they get upset. When girls find out the guy doesn't really want to get to know them or doesn't like their personality, they get upset. In a perfect relationship, the girl puts out and the guy likes the girl's personality. However, one person usually doesn't do their "job", which leads to problems.

What Guys Said 16

• Nature causes people to be more physically attracted to good looking people no matter their personality. It isn't shallow, it is just the way nature made us, in order to have strong healthy children. As a result, the most attractive people can get by on their looks, and never have to put much work into their personality. So finding someone we are both attracted to, and that has a good personality is nearly impossible.

• It's because physical attraction is needed and guys (and girls) evaluate the personality once they notice there is physical attraction. They aren't gonna go after girls they see no physical attraction with.

• Possibly social acceptance and bragging rights in your case. He wants to look good in front of his peers with a hot girl by his side. You are smart for not sleeping with him.

• look, just being honest, you're probably not as hot as you think or have been told by the people who are trying to get in your pants. in addition to this, you seem like kind of a narcissistic bitch as evidenced by your comments below. i would suggest developing a personality instead of coasting through life on your looks alone.

• No but im pretty sure your mother is

• Im sorry you are right, trolling is hard work. Ill give credit where credit is due. You are just mad that I defended myself

• But but you are my best friend :)

• That's NEVER happened.

• Hmm may be you should date nice guys

• You can improve your personality. You are pretty so guys are attracted towards you.
    Just don't be easy for them. Be talkative and responsive...that's it. Have patience.. You will get compatible partner.

• Well so what if they don't like you personality, if I didn't like a girls personality even if they were bloody Victoria's Secret models I wouldn't stay.

• Women do it too.

• because not all men presume a pretty girl has a dull personality...that would be overly judgmental. :-P

by the way how long have u been dating these guys when they breakup with u over not having sex?

• 3 weeks

• Actually from the feedback I get, its the opposite

• Hmmm... then maybe they consider u a challenge.

• Because we want a hot chick that's also awesome in other ways too?

• we want, what we can't have hun.. as simple as that, obviously not all the guys are like that, there are some of us who like to get to know the girl and even if nothing happen.. we can remain friends.

• Normally girls that think they are hot are normally not

• Pretty girls tend to find a lot of flaws in thier appearance. They can be their own worst enemy. Some really pretty girls find themselves plain or ugly.

• Well what kind of personality do you have?

• Why do women date bad boys and expect them to magically turn out to be a good guy? At least when it comes to a pretty girl, we don't judge a book by it's cover.

In women's case though, they already KNOW he has a shitty personality, yet they keep going anyway. That's fucking stupid if you ask me.

• Because the man who will feel comfortable approaching a hot girl don't want you for you but for your body. Some decent guys who want to be good men are probably still on that personal journey and won't dare approach you. Good men exist, it's just that when you think they don't you will never trust a good man so you miss them.

What Girls Said 11

• You're still young and you are learning but you are being smart by not sleeping around and getting used. Keep doing what you're doing, which is weeding out the players who are out for sex and would BS they loved your personality if you were willing to give them sex.

• Because they're dumb.

• some people are not compatible, it is only upon knowing the person then we would know who is right for us. that is why physical attraction is first step of knowing someone but the personality is the final step to substain the personality.

looks isn't everything

if the guys get upset when you refused to sleep with them, then it is good that you know they aren't right for u.

• They were hoping you were a sexual beast too. :P

• Men don't usually expect pretty girls to have good personalities. It's not common to have both. They are actually shocked when they have good personalities.
    Or they don't actually think you're pretty so they expect you to have a good personality.

• they want the flaky crust AND the filling

• I'm honestly surprised. I've never heard of a hot girl, especially a young one getting turned down just because of her personality. There must be something wrong with those guys. You need to find better men because the ones you're going for are obviously losers.

• Im not getting turned down

• Thanks though

• Well that's good then. :)

• Cause they're losers who only try to get inside your pants. They don't care about you as a person

• That's why we have to screen guys for personality. They are mainly looks driven.

• Because you don't interest them with your personality

• you spelled jealous wrong

• Both of you are crazy

• these women should be institutionalized

• You have to be more selective when it comes to men you date. It's also not just a man thing. And anyway, when you meet someone, you're usually attracted and then you want to meet that person.
    Also if many of them don't like your personality...you should ask yourself some questions.

• actually its only a few guys who don't like my personality. I have had plenty of good bfs

• Actually I haven't dated in over 2 years. So its not like im dating anybody lmao

• you do not know what you are talking about