Baseball game first date. Good or bad?

Hey all,

Just wanted to know your thoughts on a baseball game as a first date. For the record, she's a big baseball fan and has been to more games than me this season. Just wondering about it being guaranteed a few hours long etc.

Most Helpful Girl

• That's a great date idea. It's something she's into and it shows you planned the date with her in mind.

What Girls Said 8

• If she is a girl and a big fan in sports she will definitely have fun and you guys will have talks because well hello girls do love to talk! Just make sure you love baseball just as much as she does

• That's a great idea! Sounds like a lot of fun!

• I think it would a be good first date. Causal, fun, and bonus points if she's really into it

• Depends on the gal. Baseball is fun for me. But I'd probably rather go with a boyfriend than a first date.

• Sounds good because she's already a big fan, plenty of atmosphere and you'll both be entertained for a few hours (no awkward silences ;)

PS The WORST first date has to be a movie date in my opinion, no talking, no eye contact / flirting etc.

• I'd love that and I'm not even a fan of sports. It shows you put some thought and that you're trying to show her your interests.

• very thoughtful choice. think she'll be pleased :)

• I think it's be fun - but maybe expensive for a first date.

What Guys Said 5

• Excellent first date. Make sure to protect her from any foul balls or home runs that come your way, otherwise you'll be getting torched on SportsCenter all the next day, haha. And speaking of foul balls, if you should happen to get one, you give it to the nearest little kid. You'll look like a stud, do it. I've gone to a few ball game dates, and they're a good time. Baseball is great because it's slow and drawn out and you can converse while keeping up with the game. Downside is it's expensive, between tickets, $12 beers, other concessions, and you gotta get her a couple souvenirs. Plus you probably go to dinner before or after, and maybe for drinks. It'll be a good time, but bring several hundred dollars.

• I think that is a great idea. Relaxed environment, nothing fancy. Lots of opportunity to talk and get to know each other.

• I've done that for a first date (AAA league). It was great and she liked baseball too which I found out before the date. The only problem could be is the length of the games. However, that doesn't mean you have to stay for the whole thing. BEER AND BRATS!!!

• That sounds like it would be a lot of fun.

• Corvetter! It would be good if you both are into yes lol.