Why does he deny that he has a girlfriend?

I am so sick of this guy. Him and this girl act like they are in a relationship and he denies it to me everytime. He is always saying they're friends when they aren't. He tries to date me and go out with me but he is with this girl that they both won't let out. He even let out to one of my friends the other day he said "I don't even know what we are" in regards to their relationship. Like what the hell? I don't understand this? Why does he deny to me that he has a gf, when I already suspect it?

Most Helpful Guy

• You said he was trying to date you. That's the reason.
    He can't go "Hey! Do you want to go out sometime? My girlfriend doesn't have to know. (or My girlfriend is cool with it.)"
    He's not going to get many takers.

That's assuming you're right about everything.

What Guys Said 3

• Id say they're not. Some people are just close. And maybe SHE's the one who wants to date him, but he actually likes you. I was in a situation like this once. In public I was 'dating' this one girl, but the one I really loved was just a friend.

Not sure what I could have ever done to get with the friend, so I stayed in my comfort zone with the girl I was 'dating'

• Interesting...that seems really interesting. I am wondering if it's the same situation with me! Thanks.

• He doesn't have a girlfriend. He is not sating that girl. Stop assuming he's lying because they're flirty

• YES it is possible and happens often when a guy has a friend who is a girl and does have sex with her and is NOT his girlfriend.

• yeah they could be just fuck buddies but he seems to put her on a pedastool as if she was a girlfriend...

What Girls Said 2

• he could be a player and a jerk and want to date both of you...

• Maybe he's being tricky, not saying he's with her but sleeping with her without a commitment and hoping to get the same with you?