If a guy tells his girlfriend to stop telling her friends absolutely everything that goes on in the relation, will she actually stop?

If a guy tells his girlfriend to stop telling her friends absolutely everything that goes on in the relation, will she actually stop.

If she doesn't stop, does this mean she is disrespectful and he should break up with her because she won't respect his wishes for privacy

• Yes
  • No

Most Helpful Girl

• It is disrespectful to tell everything going on between two people. I could be felt violated. I have never told that much to my friends.
    For your case, have you told that you are disturbed? Because maybe she is not aware, some people likes telling everything without aware of it.

What Girls Said 5

• Well, it depends on her character. I, personally, would never tell the closest of my friends what happens if its like something I wouldn't want him to tell to his friends either! But most of the girls around me usually do tell their best friends even when their boyfriends tell or even beg them not to! Just tell her in some way that you can "find out" if she tells anyone by telling her "i trust that you will never do that" with a kiss. She'll feel bad if she told any of her friends afterwards, so she probably wont. Good luck!

• She has a right to discuss her day to day life with her friends, her relationship with you is part of that. It is not only your relationship, and she may have issues that she feels her friend (s) can help with. that isn't disrespectful.

Be very clear about why she's doing it before you start throwing stones, it may be that you are inadvertently doing something that makes her feel insecure. Perhaps you should try suggesting that some topics stay between you, and others can be public.

• So does that mean it is ok to make her boyfriend look like an ass hole when the issues are so small because friends tend to blow up the issue

• No, but compromise is better than prohibition. Explain that she hurts you by doing it. Don't just tell her not to. You'll make it more fun to disobey you. Interact on a human level.

• she shouldn't be telling everything that goes on, but its your decision if you want to break up with her for it

• It's her relationship too. She has the right to share it if it involves the relationship and isn't just random info about you.

If it's fights or dick things you've done that you don't want people knowing: maybe you shouldn't have done them in the first place.

• So there should be no such thing as privacy according to you? So that means am allowed to disrespect her because its my relationship too?

• It's not disrespecting. A girls friends are her support group and she values their opinions.

• I'd break up with her. People like that don't change. She will just hide that she is telling people everything.

What Guys Said 2

• All I know is that it can become a rock and a hard place fast when she tells her friends all kinds of things that are better kept private and then expects you to hang out with them and their bfs. (knowing full well that as soon as she told them, they went home and told their significant others).
    However, fairly typical of females (think Sex and the City) and able to be dealt with by guys as harmless unintentional female behavior...unless there is some majorly embarrassing or asshole type situations that you are talking about. Good luck

• She'll omly stop if she kmows there will be consequences if she doesn't e.g. you'll break up with her.