Is it old fashioned when a guy takes off his jacket for his girlfriend?

Is it old fashioned when a guy takes off his jacket for his girlfriend? Is it something that guys barely do these days?
and why is it?

I thought all guys do it lol. Everyone literally stopped and watched us when I did it.

Most Helpful Girl

• For some reason, I thought it was quite hot when, at the end of a date, my guy took his jacket off and helped me put it on. it was pouring with rain, and he put his arms inside the jacket and held me close around my waist. we both got soaked, standing in the rain kissing, and (hehe!) morally there was nothing to do but take him back to mine and dry him off... haha. It's the one date that really stands out compared to the rest, and the evening itself wasn't that special... slightly off topic sorry.

What Girls Said 20

• I get that from friends more than bf.
    I wish he does it more often. I get so cold that my body literally starts shaking like crazy. He just laughs and says do it again. Then he unzips his jacket and lets me shove my head inside. That's the most im getting outta him :(

• It's old fashioned and I love old fashioned. =)

• this is probably the most cutest hot thing ever girls loovve it and it's so warm and guys that don't do that are dump and certenly not gentelmans oh and no it's not old fashion at all

• That my dear sir is proper etiquette, like taking you hat off indoors, which never happens anymore and pulling out the chair for her. Me and my husband will be out with friends and when a girl arrives to sit at our table all the men stand until she's seated. People look at us like we're from another planet.

• I think that's really cute of you. :) I've had two guys take off their jacket for me whenever I was cold; I appreciated it and thought it was really cute. No one looked at us funny at all.
    If it is old fashioned, I don't care because I prefer old fashioned. I am a little old fashioned myself.

• If a dude did that for me, I would die. JUST DIE.

• It's totally hot when guys practice chiverly, not enough guys are old fashioned anymore and are too concerned about thier Ipad and messenger bag.

• I've had it done, so it's not totally lost

• If I don't have a jacket (which I should if it's cold, but if I'm dumb or a building is cold) I'd sincerely appreciate a guy taking off his jacket for me. I think people are very conscious of not treating one gender special but as an individual, I LIKE to be treated special sometimes. And honestly, holding a door open or giving a jacket to someone who is cold is something I'd do for anyone. It's just kind and thoughtful. So I hope you do!

• No it's an expected act of courtesy and chivalry. I kind of expect him to do it. If he didn't and I were cold, I would think he was a jerk

• I see guys to that all the time and i think its so cute!

• Awh! That's so romantic! I love it! Love a gentleman (:

• lots of guys do that. it's natural.

• Its cute it shows how much you care for her and are willing to freeze yourself just so she can be warm :)

• It is adorable :3

• wdjgyjfbclkfhasxkgjdso;sailhksnm;oaikdbcnd... <--- does this explain enhough what I think about it?

• dfsjslkdjfklsdjflkjsdklfljlk... <---- here's what I think about your opinion.

• I am glad u understand so well :D

• Aw no! Not old fashioned at all! ^_^

• That is the sweetest thing ! Not old fashion but gentlemen like ;)

• I love it when guys do that. It's really cute and shows how much you care for a girl

• Awe it's cute ^^ Boys jumpers are yummy

What Guys Said 8

• Be careful doing anything like that. There are many girls that would be insulted. You are insinuating a girl cannot keep as warm as a guy. Just like if you open a door for her, you are again insinuating she is not strong enough/smart enough or otherwise unable to open a door. There are quite a few girls like this so watch it. I know it sounds ridiculess but it happened to me. I had a date with some gorgeous girl and she seemed to be really sweet too. I opened the door for her when she got into my truck then again at the restaurant. Then going into the restaurant, I oped that door and she jumped on me kinda rudely. Well I just seen red. After I calmed down, I asked why she did that and she told me just what I told you. That royally pissed me off. After we ate, and not saying a word, I payed my half and told her I would get her a cab but she was totally capable of that and I left her there. About a week later she texted me apologizing. I just said its not necessary and neither is texting me again. The end lol.

• I'm willing to do it but not if it is expected. If it's cold bring a bloody coat, it's not cute to be retarded and not dress for the weather.

• Proper manners and chivalry are never old-fashioned :-)

• Sure it's good old fashion manners , which are disappears all to fast now days.

some girls still appreciate it others get insulted

• I do that for girls all the time, doesn't matter if they're my gf or not.
    I've even done it for my guy friends.

• You didn't have to publicly announce your sexuality. lolo jk

• Lol good one, man. I was actually about to rant till I saw the "lol"

• No it's just good manners !

• Not it feels good man to help out a tiny girl.

• Yes it is and you need to continue to do it chivalry should never die.