How can I get my girlfriend to stop telling her friends everything?

How can i get my girlfriend to stop telling her friends everything. It hurts so much

please answer

Most Helpful Girl

• talk to her face to face and openly express your concerns and tell her how it hurts you. most girls care how their bf feels and what he thinks and would cut back on what they tell their friends if they knew they made him uncomfortable/unhappy by doing so. if youve already done this and she hasn't listened, just know that not all women are willing to do so because it is how they connect with their friends and if this is the case you have to decide if being with her is worth this discomfort and hurt that you feel.

• Doesn't that mean that she doesn't care about my feelings if she doesn't stop

• What should i say to make it effective

• if she doesn't stop after youve asked her to and expressed your concerns then she doesn't respect your feelings. tell her you like the details of your relationship to be private and that you feel uncomfortable with a lot of things she's sharing with them. maybe give her a scenario of how she may feel if the roles were reversed and you talked about certain things involving her with your guy friends. just express your hurt and dont threaten or give ultimatums or she will get on the defensive.

What Girls Said 6

• My boyfriend does the same thing and it really bugged me. I always thought he kept things between us when really he'd been bitching about me and the arguments we had to his friend who fancies him which makes it worse. I was obviously not happy about it so I told him this and he said he wouldn't do it again. So my advice would be to just discuss it with her and tell her you don't like it and want everything to be kept between you, otherwise it causes problems bringing others into the relationship because they feel they have a right to have an opinion and get involved.

• On one hands there is the whole Sisters before misters thing but that doesn't mean you have to break all the secrets you have with your SO. Just tell her how you feel about it; be honest!

• Just tell her your bothered by it and that she wouldn't like it if you tell your friends everything. But its her friends girls are always gonna tell each other everything and that goes for guys too

• does that mean she won't stop

• but if she doesn't even after you tell her to stop, that means she doesn't care about your feelings and is disrespectful?

• Yeah it can be disrespectful but if she loves you she cares its just in our nature to talk to our girls about our stuff

• Tell her you are getting bothered and in order for you to trust her she should keep somethings personal.

• You should let her know how much it bothers you. If she has respect for you, I'm sure she'll stop.

• Tell her it hurts you when she tells her friends everything and ask if she could cut back on the amount of information she shares with them. You have to trust your girlfriend to continue to share with her and develop a good relationship, but if you're censoring yourself because you know everything you say is going to be repeated to her friends, you'll have major problems.

Maybe you two can establish a phrase that when said means what you are about to tell her is for her ears only?

What Guys Said 4

• Lay down the law. You don't deserve to be hurt by someone you love.

If I ever had a girlfriend who vented to her friends like this, I'd stop trusting her and hold back (bad for the relationship) or break up. Chances are, I'd already see it and stop dating her before it became a relationship.

• Mate if you can't trust your girlfriend then maybe its time to dump her and find a new one.

• You can't. She's going to keep telling them she'll just start telling them not to let you know they know. Girls are going to talk about their relationships and honestly there's not much you can do about it. It's best to just find a way to cope with it. It's not that bad though. Seriously, she's telling HER friends! Chances are they're not going to date you for that reason alone. Who cares if you loose some face around them. There's no future with these girls beyond a platonic friendship so why bother with being embarrassed. But that's just my opinion.

• Stop telling her things. You already know she's not trustworthy. She won't ever change. That's the type of girl she is.