He said he wants to be single for the summer?

I feel like I already know what answers I'm going to get but im gonna ask anyway..

So he's 40 years old and I met him back in Decemeber... I can honestly say I've grown to love this man and I can see myself with him for the rest of my life.. I know that he loves me too and that he can also see himself with me.. however, after dating for about 4 months we started to bump heads and we took 2.5 week break... I thought we just wouldn't talk again but we did.. and after that we both kinda realized that we wanted to see where this was going..

we got into a small argument the other day and he said "this is exactly why I want to be single for the summer... I made the mistake last summer and it ruined my summer.."

ummmm wtf! single for the summmer... I mean I kinda get it.. but ummm and I asked him if it meant he wanted to sleep with other women and he said no its bc he doesn't want to feel obligated to someone and doesn't want to feel bad if there is a weekend he can't spend with me.

thoughts?

Most Helpful Guy

What Guys Said 3

• .., I can't believe you're asking this.
    Move on from this guy.

• Move on. He is just keeping you on the hook for sex later. he is going to go out and look for more puntang in summer then come back to you later. Dump him now!!

• At 40 years old a guy realizes that the myth of being over 40 and being sexually dead is just that a myth. he has probably just realized he's not sexually dead mentally or physically. But the new scary age becomes 55 when men truly do start diminishing sexually. Good looking guys over 40 have a seldom reviled via the mass media world of choices of younger women who carve older men. So he's out to spread his seed once again.

What Girls Said 2

• Seems fishy. I would be suspicious. Why would he want to be with you during the other days but once summer comes he doesn't want too?

• He is 40 and he said he wants to be single for the summer? I would move on...