Is 19/23 too much of an age difference?

Basically what the question states yo. F I l l e r

Most Helpful Girl

• It depends on the stage you are in life. After 18 - I would compare based on maturity level and not based on age. If you are a student and he is a graduate TA that would be a huge difference for you. If you one of you is in college and another one is working - that would also be a little bit of a difference - if you are both in college or both working - I think the relationship would work.

What Guys Said 9

• Depends on life experience and maturity because at the end of the day, age doesn't say that much about life experience and maturity. I know a 23 year old who is one of the most immature people I have ever met. I also know an 18 year old who is one of the most mature people I have ever met so age is relative

• No. The age gap expands the older you get.

• Or I mean the the dating pool expands. But that's nothing. Not too much at all.

• No you can't help who you fall in love with.

• Lol not at all. I would say that's pretty common.

• Not in my opinion at least. It really isn't anything.

• No. It's literally nothing.

• That's what I thought. But I was talking to someone and they brought up not being able to even sit at a bar together and how that hinders some people I guess

• Bars are irrelevant. You can in 2 years anyway.

• Not at all. That's totally normal.

• No.
    I don't think that requires an explanation, but they said that my opinion was too short.

• Nah, at the end of the day age is just a number. People being on the same page is what is important.

What Girls Said 5

• @bungaloo Nope i've dated older guys, that's nothing in comparison. After reading your comment about how the age difference hinders him. It sounds like he could just be a waste of time, if sitting at bar together would cause such difficulties. Then what other superficial crap would?

Sincerely,

Erotica

• I don't think so. I am 22 and my boyfriend is 34. We've been together for 2 years.

• I dont think so

• No. My parents have a 9 year age gap so 4 isn't much