Why do nice, pretty, smart girls not have boyfriends?

I'm 20 and I'd say I'm a really smart, sweet, funny, down to earth, adorable girl. I have never had a boyfriend. Just people who have liked me. Do guys just not like girls like me? It honestly seems like 90 percent of the time they go after girls who aren't very real with them and who just mess around. I'm always real with people and I don't play games at all. Whats going on?

Most Helpful Girl

• Our husbands get in the way...

No really you bring up a good point. I see a lot of girls like that. It seems like guys just want little play things and the easier the better. :(
    That being said, don't lose hope. There are nice guys out there looking for girls like you. Stay true to who you are and you'll be okay. Good luck!

What Guys Said 15

• "I'm 20 and I'd say I'm a really smart, sweet, funny, down to earth, adorable girl." So maybe these traits count for shit. Try being useful, pragmatic, fiscally responsible, overtly present, etc.

Reality check: TONS OF WOMEN ARE SMART, SWEET, FUNNY, "down to Earth" (which isn't even basic pragmatism, though you'd think it would be), and ADORABLE.

Bring something real to the table.

• Dating is especially though at your age. A lot of guys are just more interested in sex and excitement but I think it changes a little for a lot of guys as we age.

• I don't think I could describe what I'm looking for in a girl any better than the way you just described yourself in your question. You literally checked every box. Believe me, some guy out there is gonna snatch you up.

• Because most guys are asking themselves this question..."why would a girl like that want a guy like me when she could have a bunch of other guys better than me?".

Self-limiting beliefs are the cancer of progress.

• Those are the girls I'm really into but I don't even bother because i just assume they are taken or would run away screaming if I asked for there number, so i just look and smile nothing more.

• Some guys just arnt confident and get afraid idgaf, I've been rejected so many times it doesn't hurt as much. And for like every 3-4 that turn me down at least one will give me the time to talk to me. I'd rather be rejected many times and talk to three girls than just look at them and wonder what could of been

• same reason, pretty, smart boys don´t have girlfriends. jokes aside: smart guys who don´t just want to fuck around would love a girl like you.

• Maybe you're not approachable? Smile at us and we'll come up to you

• i am totally approachable...i smile all the time lolol

• You sound like the girl equivalent of a whiny "nice guy".

• Guys are visual. If you are attractive you will have guys flirting or hitting on you. I am glad to see a girl who doesn't play games, refreshing.

• Its fine to be a smart girl and even tell the guy ONCE how smart you are but when a girl keeps reminding his guy and other people around how smart she is its a MAJOR turn off.

• None of that matters unless you say YES to "are you HOT?"

• May be something wrong with the guys surrounding you :D

I would definitely date a nice girl...

• Most guys are intimidated by that kind of girl.
    Lots of us just assume she's already got someone.

• Show me one that's willing to take me on and I'll remove on from your list.

What Girls Said 3

• Not to blow my own or shizz but I'm really intelligent, make fantastic puns and guys have always said I'm pretty. And I've had many relationships and am currently in a long term one.

Maybe you're not looking in the right places? Believe it or not but education is a great time to meet someone, especially college/uni depending where you're from; because people in your class have the same interests and there's a load of clubs to join to meet people.

Also maybe try hanging at public libraries if you want a guy who likes smart girls. Or maybe even join a book club because there's guys everywhere who want girls like you, you just need to find them.

Good luck :)

• Maybe those guys are taken or they do not find you attractive. Most young guys are looking for an easy lay. Yes some want, long term relationships but some guys are hypocritical. They want to try to screw every thing with a coochie then get disappointed when by the time they get their act together, they want a virgin

• Cuz guys want hoes.