Have you ever been "catfished"?

Have you ever been "catfished"? AKA you meet someone online, and when you meet in person... that certain someone isn't who they claimed online to be.

How did you feel afterwards?

How long did it take for you to "get over" your experience?

• I've never been catfished.
  • Yes, I've been catfished.

Most Helpful Guy

• Twice actually. met one girl, her pics showed her being of normal weight and everything. We meet up and she is way bigger than her pics. Like easily twice the size in the pics. I just hung out for a bit, when I left I laughed all the way home

Second time I met this girl, who used to be a boy, who is now a girl. It was obvious. I didn't say anything. But I didn't go out with her again either.

What Guys Said 10

• I've only met one person on line. And she was exactly what she said she was. We only got together a couple times though.

• Does it count if I suspect it, and continue because of curiousity? If so, then yes, if that doesn't count, then no.

• Not that I'm aware of lol

• I met a redhead that showed me a picture of herself when she was I'm guessing 40 pounds thinner. I was dissappointed. I didn't run away from the date but I only saw her twice.

• Girl you look like a potential catfish. LOL!! I'm kidding.

• I've dated online quite a bit. Never met anyone once

• How did never meeting the person affect the relationship you had with them?

• There's always this constant urge to want them, but at the same time, you feel relieved that your physical faults don't bother them. Often while dating I feel like my breath would stink or my lips would be chap, or random stupid things that makes me act weird. Online, it's just 100% me without my physical self holding me back

• I think so. This girl cancelled two dates on me by just not replying to my text right before the date. But whatever, I'm over it.

• No, i dont do that stuff, have you?😳

• "Do that stuff"... depends on what you're referring to.

I've never personally catfished anyone.

I have, however, been catfished.

• Oh sorry i dont know how catfish works i mean i know the person lies about who they are but did it happen on a chat room or Facebook or?

• If in a significant way, i never discovered. Been a few times I wondered, but it didn't matter because I wasn't going to meet them.

If they're doing it for attention, I feel so bad for them, because it must feel so hollow. I know they convince themselves that people who care about appearance are shallow, and its their personality that matters... but if someone is acting attracted to me online, I -want- to know they know what I look like. Otherwise it would feel fake.

• i met this girl online once, who was nice. her profile said that she has a "normal" figure... when we met/dated in person the first time, she was quite obese (i am not) so yeah. i tried to carry it of well and we had a nice date but we never met again. does that even count as being catfished?

What Girls Said 4

• I'm actually the cat fisher, but only with my exes ;)

• Yes, I've been catfished.

• No never have been catfished.
    Are you catfishing people? if someone decided to meet you, they'd find out you're not really who you say.

• I'm not sure if you would consider this cat fishing because it's so common with online dating but someone I met lied to me about his age. He was about 12 years older then he said he was.