Why would a guy talk bad about another girl to me? In texts or sometimes in person. I like this guy.?

This guy that I like constantly talks bad about a certain girl. Our topics of conversation revolve around her. Texts and speaking. He talks about how dumb she is, how she dresses, how she does certain things. Does this mean he likes her? why is he discussing this with me?
She's not a friend of mine, just an acquaintance

Most Helpful Guy

• There could be more than reason, Here are some possibilities:
    1) He was bitten by her and now he just wants to spread dislike against her.
    2) He probably thinks people associate him with her and this is the way he is spreading the word that he actually doesn't even her.
    3) Or in a ruthless way, he is trying to tell you that if you do anything that girl is doing, he will not like it in you either.

What Guys Said 4

• "Does this mean he likes her?", this isn't kindergarten. He probably loathes her as per his statements.

"why is he discussing this with me?", because you're willing to listen.

• this could go many ways. this person may have had a past relation with this person and is now not exactly happy with it and wants to degrade her. He may have liked her and got turned down by her. or some people just need to put down others to make themselves feel better

• Well for me if a girl is acting like a bitch to me you can't really do any thing so you being a girl and all may be he thinks you can relate to it I don't know

• No as a guy if a girl is a bitch to me you can't do anything about it

What Girls Said 3

• Careful, my ex did that. Turns out it was to hide the fact he was actually fucking her. My dad did the same when he had an affair. If one particular person always comes up they either really loathe them or there is something more to it.

• he likes her, and is mad she doesn't like him or they use to date

• Yeah he likes her. She probably doesn't like him back so he's mad.