Would any of you guys aged 18-23 date a lady with a child?

I am a young mom of a one year old daughter, cute as hell in my book, but most men don't want to deal with the life changes of having a child involved. What are your opinions?

Most Helpful Guy

• I absolutely would! It truly depends on the girl though. When I see that a young woman is a single mom and she is in her early 20s, one of two things come to mind: she is either very mature and is striving her best to create a life that is good and suitable for her child OR she doesn't care about her kid, treats them as if they were a mistake as a result of bad judgement on her part, is very immature, and is out messing around in life (these single moms do exist). If you're the former, I would definitely date you as odds are you're more mature than most young women in your age group and you're serious about life. Obviously we'd have to tweak our dating life to accommodate your child and we'd have to really talk about how you want to incorporate your daughter into our lives should the relationship become serious, but its definitely doable. Don't lose hope, it just takes the right guy :)

• Thank you! Most men just want hook ups and no attachment due to a child.
      Rather Immature!
      You're great!! Keep it up!!

• Thank you for the most helpful! Most men are immature indeed, but there are a few good guys out there who have their lives together, you just have to keep looking for us!

What Guys Said 8

• As of right now, no. Not because I'm put off by kids, or because I don't I couldn't mentally handle it, but I'm finishing my last year of university and not financially ready to date a woman with a kid. When I am financially ready, absolutely

• Nope. I'm not even in college yet and couldn't handle that yet. Now, maybe once I'm out with a degree and have adjusted my life out, I would. However, for now a child would mess everything up and make things difficult.

The only exception would be if there was no "daddy" responsibility placed on me. As in, I'm not obligated to act as a father figure or do any parental responsibilities. Better chances if she would also be okay with having our own kid if we got married in the future. This is still a slim chance though, as I said above I don't even have the ability to take care of myself or maintain a relationship yet.

• No sorry, I am not ready for that step in my life yet.
    In order to be there for a child i have to finish working on myself first.

Since i want to avoid that kid seeing me as his dad or liking me then loosing me after a possible breakup i don't think dating these girls is a good thing until i am ready for it.

• I would date a single mother, doesn't change my opinion much

• Depends on how she carries herself, but I don't ever just see a young mom and think "No way, she has a kid."

• Nope I wouldn't date a single mom.

• I'm onboard with the boat to avoid young mothers, old mothers, or any mothers for that matter. I just don't want to deal with a kid for a couple of reasons.

1) Kids aren't what I want in life right now, and likely forever. I like living for me without the responsibility of a kid.

2) It's not my kid, so I'm not very keen to want to take care of it. Not that dating a girl means I take on that burden, because she would most likely not ask me to and would take care of it on her own. But it's just one of those things that you would eventually do.

3) Kids don't interest me to begin with. It's cool having conversations with them randomly at the park or whatever, or telling them about my dog when they ask. But that's the extent of it.

So no, I'd avoid that kind of a situation. Too much baggage for me to just jump right into.

• as long as the kid won't be in the same room while we're having sex, sure.

What Girls Said 3

• To be honest, I could never imagine bringing random men into my child's life. At no point would I be comfortable with it, so I would never entertain the idea of dating- if my child was that young. I would concentrate on being a mother and not somebody's girlfriend. Besides, relationships can be very emotionally draining; I'd feel guilty if all my energy wasn't focused on my kid. That, of course, is my personal opinion. I can only say what I believe. What you do...that's your prerogative, but I hope you consider what I'm saying. In the very least, be EXTREMELY selective and picky about who you date. I doubt many younger men would have the insight to things that are in you and our child's best interest.

• *you and your child's

• Very good point of view! I'm with someone right now, which is her father, but I wanted to know other people's perspective on it!

• Well that's good! Definitely try to stick with him love. I know some single mothers...it looks like hard work, no time for dating haha! :)

• That's a deal breaker for me. Where I live it seems almost impossible to find a person over 22 that doesn't have a kid. Could have been stupid mistakes or they really thought they had a good relationship, either way I wouldn't date anyone with kids.
    There's many guys and girls out there (like me) that know about condoms and other BC that have managed not to have kids. So I will never date anyone with that type of baggage.
    Yes this is kind of mean, but I've also known other people that don't care at all about her or him having kids. There's people for everyone.

• I was on an IUD and used a condom. I'm MORE THAN aware of the preventatives out there.

• Can't say I haven't thought of that. It's kind of sad...

• well, i'm not a single mom, but i would definitely date a single father!

• I think it's easier for men, in the sense that more women would date single parents versus men!