Where is the line between dating and just hanging out?

So me and this guy that im friends with/like were going to go bowling today (we didn't because he got a traffic ticket and after paying it off, he was broke haha i offered to pay but then he said he barely has a quarter tank of gas he needs to get to and from phoenix for work this week and phoenix is about 45-60 minutes away so i guess he wanted to drive and pay!) but we are going next weekend..

anyway, all that was said was that me and him were going to hang out. when i told my mom and my friends, they automatically called it a date! i said we were just hanging out and they said nooo its a date!

i know guys and girls hang out just as friends all the time. so why are they saying its a date?

and how can you tell whether its a date or if you and a member of the opposite sex are just hanging out? where's the line dividing the two?

Most Helpful Guy

• I would say that hanging out would be a guy and a girl going somewhere to have fun because they are friends. A date would be two people that get together because they want to know more about them and/or they have an attraction to them and want to get together

• but what if you're not sure that the other person is attracted to you or not? do you just wait to see how everything goes and determine afterwards?

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 0