The height factor in dating, big or small?

Would you rather date someone who was below average height for their gender, or about average height? What are you limits?

Here is a chart of average heights for men and women around the world www.disabled-world.com/.../height-chart.shtml
Yes I know there're a lot of other factors, but based purely on height...

Most Helpful Guy

• I prefer really short girls, but I don't mind aslong as they are shorter than me (6ft1)

What Guys Said 18

• For a start, I disagree with the first line in your link.Height is not really a measure of health and taller people have more health problems later in life.Their life expectancy is even less.
    abcnews.go.com/.../story?id=19762992
    You'll find more like this, if you search the internet.

Height isn't a big factor for me, and I don't care if women are shorter or taller than me.Let's say anywhere between 8" shorter and 6" taller.Let's say anywhere from 5" below average height to about 9" above average height.

• I don't care about the rest of it, I was just referring to the average height chart.

• Height doesn't appear to be superior genetics if you wish to remain fit and active later in life.It's a bit like the case of big dogs don't live as long as small dogs.Ask an great dane owner.

• Yeah but Great Danes are huge try something German Shepherd they live long. A Great Dane is like Yao Ming very big.

• Everyone has preferences. Guys just tend to notice that girls prefer a guy taller than them.

• I don't really find myself attracted to shorter women. My ideal would be 5'6''-5'10''. Just preferences though. No requirement, I at one point liked a girl that was 6 inches taller than me many years ago.

• Height is not a factor at all for me. Being a tall guy I pretty much have the whole pool of women available to me. Why would I narrow that pool down? That just seems counter intuitive to me.

• based solely on height alone I like short girls 4-5' preferable but will date up to 5'7"

according to your chart I am a little taller then average at 6'2" but that really seems pretty normal compared to other guys

also looking at your chart I need to go to Indonesia or the Philippines :)

• The average being 5'4 is nice. I'd go smaller if I were choosing. I like anywhere close to 6' or below 5'

• I can't stand reading the female responses.

• Then don't

• Because he wants to see, "I don't really care about height."

He's referring to your tact

• Because it's like you know how your watching a scary movie and you don't want to look but you look anyway? Oh ok.

• i´d only date girls that are as tall or at least not a lot taller than me. as for the other extreme: i don´t think there is a limit (just no midget though).

• As long as she does not tower over me I don't care what height she is.

• These girls responses make me feel short and I'm 6 feet tall lol. I guess the girls still want the guy to be taller when they wear heels.

• I'm 5'1" so even when wearing heels you'd be taller than me. lol.

• Yeah that's true my preference is 5'1-5'10 for girls.

• Taller is better as long you're not my height.

• 4'9-5'4 is fine with meh

• The same height as me or shorter.

• Doesn't matter and there are others things I should worry about. However I do like women my height or taller.

• I needed me a short girl so I married a 5' 2" one.

• I really don't care about the girls height,

• Above 5' is fine with me, and below 6' 2" is the limit. I'm 6' so yeah..

• I prefer tallish to tall girls, since I'm very tall myself. I know people will say it doesn't matter, and it's not a big deal, but with a short girl I'd feel like a Dad with his little girl. It looks weird, it feels weird, and it makes sex worse (difficult to have eye contact in missionary or stand up sex and some positions etc.). Long legs are a plus also. Not having neck pain from constant bending is cool too. So I go for taller than average girls and leave short ones to shorter men.

What Girls Said 14

• Well, generally I want a taller guy then I am. I am 5 foot 9. However, this doesn't affect who I like. I actually have only had one crush who was noticeably taller than I was. I've had at least 15 crushes in my life, some bigger than others. Height was never a factor when it came to it. It was something about their personality, if they liked my music, or they way they made me feel when talking to them. My current crush, who I really really like and I found out on Friday he likes me back (OMG), he is around 5cm shorter than me but I couldn't care less, I like him, why should height be a factor? He is perfect the way he is.

• I honestly don't care about height. Personally, I'm 4'9 so everyone's pretty much taller than me. I haven't met a guy who's shorter than my height. And I don't think height is what makes up a person. But to be honest, I'm kinda intimidated in approachin really tall guys like 6 something or showing signs that I like them because I feel like they prefer girls closer to their height or theyd just see me as a kid since I'm really petite. But that doesn't mean I don't like tall guys at all. I dont look at height as a form of attractiveness thingie but I just feel more comfortable approaching guys who are considered short, or close to my eye level at least

• 6 ft and taller is ideal for me.
    The tallest I've dated was 6'6''.

• Average height is fine.

• Omg I want to pinch those cheeks! Give me!!

• I don't mean in a baby way. Don't worry :) And I'm still teasing you

• I changed my mind. I'll be stealing those dimples MOMENTARILY :P

• I like guys 6'2" or taller. I like to wear heels. A little shorter would be fine. Height isn't really an issue with today's world though. Most of my crushes have been pretty tall.

• Romania isn't there :( lol. Well, I definitely don't want a guy shorter than me. I am 5'3. I like tall guys above 6' , but they probably prefer taller girls. But my first crush was a bit shorter than me (it took me 2 years to get over him) and my last crush was 5'8 which was ok.Most of the guys in my town are under 5'8 , so yeah.. lol

• Im short, so below average is fine with me

• Taller, as I am also part-giant.

• 5'10'' or taller would be nice :)

• I am, thank you! :D :D I suppose it is an improvement upon the black box hahaha :P

• Height is an important physical feature in my book. I'm only sexually attracted to guys who are at least 5'11. My ideal is 6'2"+.

*books ticket to Dinaric Alps*

• 5'7"-5'8" would be ideal.

• I'm 5 10, iI would prefer a guy be 5 8 or above. I understand that you can't help your height.

• about or above average for me :P
    no limits though, I've dated tall and short alike and had no problems!!

• 5'8-6'4 is my ideal height range.