Could you date a person who is different race than you?

I am mixraced. My mother is white and father was black. And I don't see any problem with. However there are a lot negativity towards interracial couples. People say races should not get mixed up and I'm just thinking: "Hell, I should not exist then?"

What are your opinions about interracial couples and could you date a person from different race?

Most Helpful Guy

• I'm into any type of girls race doesn't come into it, it's 2014. Not 1914.

• Ignorance is bliss?

You couldn't understand my "way of thinking" if a deity gave you omniscience. You have no idea what is actually even being said. Simplicity is beautiful.

• We are but mere mortals, how could we possibly open our minds as much as this Enlightened being... If you think you have all the answers you've actually got the furthest to go.

What Guys Said 18

• Yes, I would date any race but i have more of a preference for black or mixed girls. What's more important would be that she is Christian, preferably Catholic

• I love these questions because it's the only time a man can say "I will hit ANYTHING!" and get praise for that shit. Only time. I'm mad.

• you are bonkers, this morning

• It's okay. I'm sorry too. Sorry for waking up and disrupting your thread with questions of ethical of values, moral standards, and socially/culturally forced outlooks that do not accurately reflect the dating patterns of human. :(

It was unnecessary.

• Haha witty

• Yeah I don't care what race someone is as long add they are in the human race.

• That's because people like to cling on to old, pointless ideals.

I would have no problem at all dating someone who is of a different race.

• Ofcourse i would! Im not planning to date ma own race anyways >.>

• Nope. I'm against interracial couples. Blood mixing disgusts me. You say yourself that you're mix raced and that is making me sick. Sorry. I find it more beautiful to see couples of the same race. Humanity is divided by races and those races must be preserved. Mixing it all up destroys them.

• I disgust you? You don't even know me. You are so rude and ignorant. I don't care if you don't like the interracial but don't insult people

• I undertstand you point of view but as races get mixed it's almost like new races are born. I find all races and mixes, different shades of skin, beautiful. But please, don't insult people.

• there's always gonna be some whos gonna married only within their own race so i dont see how are they gonna go extinct. Also if the opposite race fall in luv with eachother, are u gonna stop their luv for eachother? That seems abit mess'tup. We should be able to be with the ones we luv and are attracted to. Its always good to experiment with other races too u know.

• people that tell you not to mix are fag.gots

• Yes I don't care about race.

• Depends...on the girl entirely. Race won't be a hindrance, but other factors would be (like language, radical cultural and social difference)

• I like white girls, just my preference

• Sure very easily.

• whats wrong with that? I know in some places its taboo tho

• Yes, and in fact I have done it. I date a girl from Chile and a girl from Japan, both for over a year. Both were great!

• Yeah I would love to

• Yea def and to me most of the beautiful girs I have known jus happen to be mixed race then again this is just my op

• maybe if i don't feel to attracted to my race anymore

• Sure, why not...there are lots of beautiful girls in every race.

• sure, asian, latina or arab / persian.

What Girls Said 23

• Yes and I currently am. My boyfriend is black.

There is nothing wrong with interracial couples and there is nothing wrong with you being bi-racial. Yes, some people are negative about it but those people's opinions don't matter. Try not to let the opinions of other people get to you so much:)

• i could, but not a different religion. it'd create too many problems.

• My boyfriend and I are different races. It isn't a problem. If someone else didn't like it we wouldn't care because we're happy

• Yes. My boyfriend is a different race than I am. I say, lets mix it up!

• Yeah a person is a person, if theyre nice and they fit you it doesn't matter, thought starkly mixed race couples are uncommon-ish where im from...similar to Dzindzer, my parents have always said they wouldn't like to see me date an Arabian because they are of the opinion that women aren't treated as well as they should be in Arabian countries

• yes i would

• My sister is the only closest relative that married out of our race. My whole family is cool with it. Yeah, I could and I most likely would end up with someone with a different race than I am.

• I'm brown and my boyfriend is white. I really don't think anything of it. We crack some jokes but it's just not an issue.

• I don't see what the problem is with interracial dating, people are people regardless of race.. I'm not going to let cultural differences stop me from falling in love

• Did and will again

• I woke up honest. I wake up dishonest 6/7 days of the week but when I was up honest I end up seeing all the corrupt, illogical, brainless shit people spew. Maybe I should just go back to bed.

• This is GaG. Honesty is not the rule here; the rules state we coddle, state uplifting ignorant bullshit, and uphold nonsensical public concepts that make everyone feel right at home regardless of whether it makes sense or not. This thread is an example.

Five things you can totally judge a woman on (that she can't control):
      1. Hair genetics
      2. Muscularity genetics
      3. Bodily type
      4. "assets"
      5. Cultural background (because ya, people do that, shit)

BUT even though you can judge a woman on her buckteeth, the fact that she wears glasses due to poor vision, any blemishes on her skin and birthmarks, and the fact that she will never look good in that cocktail dress you think is totally hot all day and night you best remember it's 2014! Race? Really? Get with the times. We're not shallow.

I don't understand humans today.

• I think I could date a person of a different race than me.. but I can't see myself with a chinese/indian or black guy. I'm not racist at all. I love having anyone as my friend.. but I don't find them attractive. Some LIGHT skin black guys are cute.. like chris brown. he's sexy! but my dad would murder me :P

• Yes but it depends on a few things.

• They don't mean you personally but it's about them. They feel they are dying out genetically when they see lots of non whites taking over space.

• Yes, I can fall for any culture or race. Although I must admit that my father has told me no Albanians, Indian, Somali or Serbs. For some reason he doesn't want me to date them.

• I'm disappointed son lol :P

• Haha, I don't get it either. He says he would prefer I don't date then, but if I do fall in love with someone from those countries he would try to accept it.

• good, good that my country was not mentioned.so the probability is 10%

• of course that would be so exciting for sure! i'm happily taken though by a guy who just happen to be Asian like me. :)

• I couldn't personally, not because I look down on other races it's just because I'm not attracted to them

• I would not, they don't attract me :)

• Yes... :) love anyone from the earth :P

• I have no problems with it whatsoever. I'm white and was in a relationship with a black guy. I now have a gorgeous 6 year old son from that relationship.
    It is very common to have interracial couples where I'm from. Nobody is concerned about it.

• Yuck black?

• Oh I'm happy for you :D I'm sure your child is adorable.

Try to ignore him

• Thank you! Yes he is. I get daily compliments on what a handsome kid he is. Mixed race kids have beautiful coloured skin. Be proud of who you are. :)

• most definitely!

• Of course I could... and I have before.
    It doesn't matter.

• Nowadays I haven't encountered anyone that is against mixed marriages or kids. If anything everyone is saying someone who is mixed is gorgeous.

• I would not. They also have to have the same religion beliefs

• Well what religion do you belong?

• Or actually latinos

• I'm white lol