Do you believe in romance without finance?

Ladies, does a guy earning 90,000 dollars have a better chance of getting you to fall in love with him, than a guy who works at Burger King? I've been quite unsuccessful in the dating world, and I was wondering if it was because I'm not a tycoon. I see people that are well-off, but not physically attractive marry supermodel-type women.
I consider myself to be as good-looking as anyone else out there, yet nobody will date me.

Ok... Who's sexier. Men or women? :)

Most Helpful Girl

• As unfortunate as it is, money is a huge factor in how attractive men are to women, there are psychology studies to prove it. The theory is that back when early humans were still in the hunter/gatherer times, the ultimate goal for humans was (and still is) to successfully pass their genes down to the next generation. To accomplish this, they needed resources and health. So, men who were able to acquire resources (through intelligence and/or physical fitness) were sexually selected for, because everyone is looking to raise their chances successful reproduction. This can be seen today, as women are attracted to men who make money, and/or are athletic.
    The same way, men are more focused on physical appearance, because a lot of the traits that are considered universally attractive for women signify fertility.
    What this means for you is that as unfair as it is, financial status does impact a woman's sexual interest in a man.
    I don't know you or anything about your situation, but any man would find more success dating by pursuing a more prestigious occupation, dressing well, and taking generally good care of himself. I've read some of your recent answers, and you sound quite well-spoken and intelligent. If nothing else, don't be afraid to make sure that comes through when you interact with women.
    I hope this helped, and good luck!!

• So does that mean that women don't decide weather or not they like a guy until they can guess or gauge how much he earns? (by the clothes he wears, and the car he drives I suppose) Wow. It sounds like men today are at a disadvantage. Men need women for love. Though women are born with everything they need to find the guy of their dreams, there remains a chance that a guy may never find what he's looking for, because his money, or lack of money gets in the way. So it doesn't matter if I'm a good man. It doesn't really matter if I love the girl more than life itself. It doesn't matter that if the two of us were on a sinking ship where only one of us will survive, I would stay on the ship to allow her to get to safety. If I'm broke, women will never bother to care to find that out. If it wouldn't be such an act of perdition, I would put this pistol in my mouth and pull the trigger. There's no such thing as love anymore.

• That's not what I'm saying. Women can definitely be attracted to/ fall in love with a man w/o money, money is just a FACTOR in attraction. Just as say, a nice smile. It helps to have it, but it won't make or break whether someone wants to date you. Many women just want to feel cared for, and you don't need to be a CEO to provide that. Money does factor into the ability to care for someone, but it's not everything; there's an emotional component to it as well, which you mentioned that you have. I've dated two guys who didn't have a lot of money, but I still really liked them, and they both were highly desired by women. They were caring in other ways, and they had ambition. What I'm saying is that money helps, but it doesn't make or break a woman's interest. Women also don't decide whether we like a guy, we develop feelings just as men do, and financial status is certainly not a screening for potential partners.
      Finally, the last part of your comment worries me a bit, I hope you're ok

What Girls Said 6

• No romance does not have a place in my life without finance. Income doesn't mean shit if the guy is 100,000 in debt.

I'd rather date a guy who worked at burger king WHO HAD A FINANCIAL PLAN and shit ton of financial responsibility, than a guy who pissed through his money and what knee deep in repossessions and debt.

Finances are EXTREMELY important to me. The men I date HAVE to be financially responsible and economically stable. They HAVE to understand how to budget their money, and what their financial future holds. Being able to take care of your finances and being able to support yourself financially is PART OF BEING AN ADULT. It is one of the basic necessary life skills and I don't want to date a man who has no plans for his future, retirement, or present economic living conditions.

• So as long as he can support himself, and has goals/ambitions, he's in the running?

• For most people yes howecer There is always someone who is willing to date a bum. Everyone has to start somewhere the point is not staying at burger king making excuses as to why your life/financial footing can't be better.

• A guy who is educated and ambitious has a better chance. He doesn't have to make 90,000 dollars, but I want someone who has career goals and are working on them the same way I am.

• true love means loving the persons qualities. Knowing his good qualities and bad yet still loving them. Those who fall in love with a guy for his money are goldiggers in my eyes.

• I'm dating a waiter at village inn, we're moving in together and frankly i m in love with him. He isn't rich, neither am i. you just have to take the chance and flirt with people, test the waters, but don't get cocky. Confidence is sexy!

• Some beggars can't be choosers.

• If there is nobody else - the guy at burger king gets first dibs - if there are two guys interested - I will take the richer guy.

• Now does this mean, that if you are dating the guy employed at some restaurant making min.wage, And I pull up in a BMW, step out in a 3-Piece Armani flash the six-fig bank statement at you, he's going lose you to me?

• Only if you treat me well. My dad says a lot of guys beat their wives when the woman doesn't work because they know they can get away with it. I only date people I know well and can trust.

What Guys Said 3

• I don't, but I know there're gonna be a couple of lefties on here who believe in the whole "true love knows no bounds" bollocks.

• I don't think women really experience love. Well, yes. They know how to recieve it. And they do very well at that. But if women didn't look at us as a "Utility" or a "Tool" at her disposal, she wouldn't even want us at all.

• if you make 90K a year get a part time job at burger king and don't tell no one about your other job until after you find a women wroth keeping once your sure then tell her what you make but not before

• yeah, kinda like that show, "Undercover Boss" . Where nobody knows that the boss is flipping burgers right next to them.

• it's the only way I know to find a girl who is interested in just you and not just materialistic stuff

• To a certain extent it can happen. I don't think women expect men to be loaded but want them to at least be able to maintain good quality of life and fund a kid or two.

• That last line's kinda' disturbing..."Fund" a kid? Is that what it is about? Like the way I fund my home, or my car? Sounds like children are just extra responsibility that women expect men to fulfill. So we're just tools? Utilities at a woman's disposal. Then later, when we have no use, disposed OF. Yeah...I gotta get a box of rounds...I'm done with this shit.

• What? I meant women would want a man that will have enough money to raise one or two kids all the way up until they get their degrees. They can contribute too, with money and help raising the kids... No need to get so emotional about it.