Is it a turn off if I live with my parents?

Hi guys am a student I live with my parents and I have no job, problem is all the girls am into all are financially independent, some of them have their own place so I just lie, is it turn of if am not independent

Most Helpful Girl

• Nope. Hardly anyone has their own place when they're a student. Pretty much everyone I know still lives with their parents.

What Girls Said 12

• Actually, I like the fact that you're living with your parents while you're getting your schooling done. You're smart and you do not have to deal with paying bills and it is good to take advantage of living with your parents until all that schooling is done. Do I find it a turn off? absolutely not, as long as you have goals and one day have a place of your own.

• Yes, it can be a 'Turn Off' if a girl finds out you are living with your parents, have no job, and are a student. And if you tell them this white lie, where is this getting you?
    Living at home is not as bad as Not working, and a girl will have more respect for you if you at least have some sort of income. She will feel you Are Independent, not looking to leach off of her, and you will have a much better shot at getting a date, And----be able to tell her the truth.
    Good luck.xx

• No. I have my own place and my bf lives at home. So we always hang out and do sleep overs at my place. No big deal

• You're a student, so I basically consider that normal lol. If you're studying in your hometown then it's a given that you're still living at home.

• er no why would it be?

• it's fine. i don't care. my bf is a full-time student living with his parents and siblings.

• Well getting a job Is important at this time but I have a lot of uni friends who aren't working as well. And I also live at home and so do my friends so it's not big deal :P people usually move out when they know theyre ready and financially stable. And I dont think you should lie to them. I dont think they would dump you for something like this

• Yes, it's a turn off...

Just be honest, how you're just focusing on school for the time being.

Or lay off the dating scene for a bit until you land a job.

• I would just be honest about it I don't see anything wrong with it

• it's a turn off if you lie about it. Just be honest.

• It can be. But, you are a student so I don't see anything wrong with living with your folks. The no job part, I dunno. If you want to date, that could be a problem for some girls.Some dates are free like museums, gym, coffee isn't pricey. Just make friends and allow them to see your personality.

• Yes it is a turn off a big one at that..

What Guys Said 5

• It probably us a turn off but not a deal breaker. Maybe if you lie about it then it would be.

It's akso harder to bring girls back and it makes it real aawkward for everyone. im Staying with My mum temporary at the mom and if I meet someone I try to go back to there's and talk about my situation as little as possible

• Why the fuck would you lie about it? If you lie about something like that, it's the same as rejecting them before anything have happened yet (as in they would find out about it if you started something with one of them)

• Lying is a turn off..
    and try finding a job :)
    Girls would not like paying for your meal as well as theirs

• I don't see why it's a big deal when you're in school.

• depends on the situation