Dating a girl who is 11 years younger than me?

I was on eharmony (a dating site), and whenever I see someone I like, I'll shoot them some conversation starters. Anyway, this girl told me to send her a message over Facebook and gave me her name. It turns out she's 18, and I'm 29. I feel conflicted about this, and wonder if we're even going to have anything in common, and wonder if it's gonna be weird to try and date someone so young. But at the same time she's an attractive girl who's interested in me... So I'm not sure what to do or feel. Any advice?

Most Helpful Girl

• My ex was 8 or 9 years older than me. It's about the girl's maturity. I've always been told I have an old soul. All my friends and guys i've been interest in have always been older than me. I have female friends who are in their 40's. Soooo it wouldn't hurt to try and date her, if she's not to your liking don't date her, just have self control. Don't sleep with her until you know that she's mature and you can date her long term

What Girls Said 7

• Make sure she is 18 and not lying about her age on facebook. And it wouldn't be that bad if you dated her, just don't get physical until you know if it'll work out or not. And make sure she knows it makes you slightly uncomfortable, so you guys can go slow

• as long as you understand each other its fine

• Why not try it? I mean if things don't work out oh well, it's good to date.

• I dated a guy 10 years my junior.

• She just wants a date. If you don't want to see her. Let her know.

• I think its best to find people in your age range... its just so much better for the relationship

• Honestly, while some 18 year old girls are mature for their age, not all of them are. The fact that you are probably out of college and she is just starting can make a difference. You have experienced a lot more things than her for sure. I don't know. It's definitely up to you but you should think about it a bit more before you just go and date her.

What Guys Said 5

• She really should be 21 or 22 if you follow the 1/2 + 7 years rule.If you can keep her around until you're 36, you'll be fine.
    (1/2 of 36) + 7 = 25, and she'll be 25 by then.

The biggest age difference I worked with was about 23 years.Age wasn't a problem.She was a little less than 1/2 + 7.

• You should date someone around your age. That way, you to will have more in common and will be able to relate to each other. Seriously, dude! Compared to you, she's a baby...XD

Plus, if you're serious about this, you'll die long before she does.

• just be sure she is really 18 otherwise if she likes you and you like her that's all anyone can ask for just go for it

• Hugh Hefner is like 80 and dates 18 year olds. All arguments about older men dating younger women are invalid.

• Yes because Hugh Hefner sets the precedent for age differences in relationships due to his successful love life. Also he is the epitome of romance and all men should aspire to be like him.
      (Sarcasm)

• That's hot. Go for it. I do it all the time.