Girls, Would you date a Male Feminist?

Generally speaking, most guys wouldn't date a girl who was a feminist but a few would.

Would you date a guy who was a feminist?

• I'm a feminist, I would date him
  • I'm a feminist, I would not date him
  • I'm not a feminist, I would date him
  • I'm not a feminist, I would not date him
  • I'm a guy
State why or why not?

Most Helpful Girl

• I'm not a feminist and I wouldn't date a feminist for that reason alone. I imagine we would clash on so many levels and he would probably drive me absolutely insane with his feminist garbage.

What Girls Said 9

• I think the real issue is that people do not know what feminists are. I like to think that all of these comments about hating feminists is that they still live in 1980 when the assumption was that feminists were either lesbians or ugly women who actually hate men and want to be superior. The reality is that feminists want women to feel empowered to do the jobs they want, not to feel ashamed or discouraged to live out their dreams purely because of their ovaries. My dad hates feminists. But he doesn't understand that he actually is a feminist himself. He raised my sister and me to know how to be independent. We know how to change tires AND cook dinner. We are compassionate AND empowered to speak our minds. And he raised us that way. So people like my dad- and probably commenters here- think that feminists are trying to ruin men, but the truth is, feminists want women to have the ability and self-reliance to live autonomously and interdependently instead of dependent. One day, other people will realize they're feminists, too.

Until then, I'd just like to say that I absolutely love male feminists. The only thing better than having a dad who could teach me to take care of myself is having a boyfriend or male friend stand up for me as a human and support my personal growth.

• I don't know that I'm a feminist, I agree with some of there values, I wouldn't have a problem dating a male feminist, their views and opinions spread further than people think, and we all have a right to an opinion. strictly speaking I don't think there is anything feminine about feminism other than the name, their view on family units etc are just common sense for the working and middle classes now, and most people live that way.

• A. I'm down for it. Don't see why it would be a problem.

• I picked c. Sure why not? I never met a male feminist, it seems very interesting.

• Would and have in the past.

• No I wouldn't. I hate all feminists

• I guess I would? I don't see why I wouldn't in any case

• i don't think men should call themselves feminists, since it's a movement by women for women, but sure, if he's willing to call himself an ally instead. the men who insist on calling themselves feminists tend to be dipshits though, the type that watches ''feminist'' porn, supports bondage, but if a woman disagrees there he is to mansplain feminism to her.

• All the word feminist means is someone who supports feminism. So any man who supports feminism would be, by definition, a feminist.

• plenty of feminists don't want men calling themselves feminists, and i'm one of them. do i think it's a huge transgression? no. do i also think that considering every male is given privilege over women that every man is at risk of being a misogynist like the examples i gave? yes. the men who insist on calling themselves feminists ignore what women want from their own movement and, it's been proven, speak over women, even in feminist discourse.

• You do realise any girl who believes she has equal rights as a male is a feminist right? It's all about equality.

What Guys Said 0