Do girls need a guy that is tough and can protect them?

Or is all that stuff in the past and girls like to be somewhat independent

Most Helpful Girl

What Girls Said 17

• Nah not really. I can mostly take care of myself. I mean I guess it would be nice to know that someone could protect me if things turn really ugly, but it's not really necessary where I live. I live in a pretty safe country.

• I like a guy with a big attitude. Who will take charge and stand up for me if necessary. I don't really care about being physically tough.

• I don't need to be protected.

• if i need a bodyguard i'll hire one.

i am so concerned with other aspects i never think about this.

• I think a lot women who want a "protective" men do so because it's that stereotpical male role they feel attracted to, rather than feeling the actual need to be actually protected. Not all, of course. But alot, I'm sure.

• No women are still women and men are still men; we just need to be true ourselves and trust how we are naturally. God put in nature many good things, let's not be dumb enough to ever think we can or should try to rise above that.

• yeah I'm looking to hire one, do you know where I can find one

• No it is not in the past...but yet chivalry is dead. SMH

• No a word? No; a girl does not NEED protection, but it is nice to have a partner who wants to care and protect you, I'd do the same for my man.

• I don't necessarily need it, but it's def nice to know my guy can protect me if it ever comes to that.

• He doesn't necessarily have to be tough, but I want him to take initiative and stand up for me if needed. I do like to be independent, but it's really cute to see that a guy is trying to protect me.

• I love it when a guy will stand up for me and be caring, it means everything to me. Girls try to look independent so they don't look like a weak, nonconfident child, come on that's not atttractive. But when a guy stands up for me and makes it clear that he's here for me I feel much better.

• No I think a girl will always want a guy who is strong and protective. It's in our genes.

• Need: no
    Want: yes

• Yes I like

• yes yes yes yes i love itttttttt the last guy i liked he actually rejected me, but one of the reasons i fell for him was that this one man was harassing me at work, he stood up and talked back to him and watched him eye to eye until he backed off, and then he followed me stood by me like a body guard and man i was so turned on i just wanted to hug him cause i never had a good male figure in my life, no brothers, my dad and i aren't that close, and yea it felt nice to be protected. sadly he wasn't interested in me and even though he was hot and cold he rejected me. i guess i wasn't skinny enough for him =[

• Do we NEED it? No
    Dow we WANT it? Yes

We are fully capable of taking care of ourselves, but we still like the idea of a big strong man to protect us :P

What Guys Said 8

• What kinda patriarchy do you think we live in? Huh? Women are perfectly capable of protecting themselves! Misogynist pig!

Now that I got muh Tumblr style answer out, I'll give you the real one.

Generally speaking, yes, but not to an extreme. Women are still adults, and holding their hand through every little thing for "protection" will probably piss them off. However, a lot of field prefer or at least don't mind a man who is able to stand his ground and give her some support when needed. He doesn't have to be a bodyguard, just a strong ally.

• Yeah pretty much that is what 96% of all females require...without these elements you're just a female friend with a penis.

• Every one needs someone to protect them sometimes it's to protect someone from others. And other times its to protect you from yourself.

• Of course they do that's a natural instinct for nearly ever species on this earth, the male protects the family.

• The ones who really don't, you probably don't want that much.

• I'm big and strong, but since women are all strong feminists these days, they don't need me to protect them.

• Maybe not the ones on here but a lot do who were bullied or come from bad homes.

• If they talk shit to a lot of people they do.