Was befriending her good before I even tried?

I'm a science major with one more class to go and I'm done with school, and at this point in my life I would consider myself a scientist. People say scientists usually never date anyone or been involved in relationships. I can say that is very true least for me, so I have remove that thought of possibly inviting her for a date. Majority of women find science guys fairly boring and I feel that it would be a waste of time to pursue. I will still build a friendship with her (she will become the 13th or 14th female friend). She must wanted to stay in contact since she asked for my number last week before the semester ended.

Most Helpful Girl

• I find it possible that guys with so many female friends tend to keep women as friends as a sublimation for starting anything more intimate due to low self esteem, fear of rejection, etc. This will make it harder when you actually do start dating someone if you keep up this pattern. Furthermore, many scientists in history have pursued their eventual discoveries to impress women or as a libidinal investment after a broken heart. So, I think it's time you take a chance and ask this girl out. You really have nothing to lose! Also, therapy can help with emotional hang ups like this. Figure out where your fear is coming from and resolve it. Sounds like you want to. Good luck!

What Girls Said 3

• I think scientists are sexy. What girl doesn't want an intelligent guy? I think you should ask her out on a date :)

• Try inviting her. I mean, I'd think science major guys are cute. I'm sure there are people out there who'd agree on that too.

• Lol first off, don't count how many female friends you have... secondly, your friends are probably thinking of Professor Frink when telling you the preconceived notion of scientists not being able to enter into a relationship. I know my friend who's in a quite committed relationship and she's also doing a science major. Finally, if you like her, you should give it a shot. Unless she's on the same wavelength as you, don't talk about science related topics if you think it's going to be boring. After all, male scientists are still MEN, and you can find boring guys across all areas lol. Good luck.

What Guys Said 1

• I'm going to be a scientist as well, and when I tell a girl my major or what I plan on doing, their eyes light up a bit.
    Girls dig intelligence.