Did I make the right decision?

I met a girl recently, we dated for three months. At the beginning things were great, we hung out everyday and she stayed over every night, although we got very close to another we never talked about a relationship and our status, except once or twice when she was drunk she would bring it up, asking what we were. After some time we were still talking and hanging out almost everyday, but having less sex. The entire time she was back and forth about our relationship, not knowing what she wanted, saying she didn't want to see me anymore and then texting me the next day, etc. Eventually she told me she wants to pursue somebody else and that she doesn't want to string me along. I asked if she wants to continue hooking up and she said it's up too me. So that night she wrote me saying that if i want to we can talk about it more later, out of anger i told her there's nothing left to talk about and it's best if i don't see her anymore. A few days go by, and i realize i have some of her things so i message her saying if i should just leave them with her roommate. She comes by immediately and we talk, afterwards we start again out again but not hooking up. She started writing me everyday again and stopping by, asking me if i'm seeing someone else and that she doesn't know if she did the right thing. Realizing my plan to cut things off failed completely I made a decision, the next time I saw her i told her that I really like her and that i want to be with her, and if she doesn't want to I can't see her anymore because it hurts me too much. She said she can't be with me right now and she wouldn't be a good girlfriend, etc. along with some other excuses. She then tried kissing me (wtf?) and I told her to stop, said goodbye and left. She has tried writing me a few times while drunk but nothing else. Did I make the right choice? She obviously did not respect me. But I have a feeling I could have kept things going like they were and that they might have eventually led to something.

Most Helpful Girl

• yes, you made the right decision for yourself

What Girls Said 2

• She's insecure and you made the right decision. She just wants someone to screw and screw over.

• You made the right decision. I think she has attachment issues or something. But once a girl offers herself up for sex while she still is going after another guy, it's the first red flag.

What Guys Said 1

• With respect to you... Yes it was right
    With respect to her...it is wrong though.
    She wants friendship but you want beyond friendship and hence the friction between you and her.
    You both are needy in your own ways. Hence yiu won't enjoy this relationship with her.
    The only guy who can live with her as ' friends with benefits' will be happy with her.
    But i recommend to follow your own heart. I did the same.