Will he ask me out on a second date?

I went on a first date with a guy I met online on Friday. It seemed like there was a strong mutual interest as the date went on and lasted for hours. In fact, its the best date I've ever been on. He texted me on his way home that he had a great time. He also texted me several times throughout the day on Saturday, asking "hey how are you" "what are you up to today?" questions like that. I haven't heard from him now since Saturday evening. So it's been ALL of Sunday, Monday, and almost Tuesday with NO text/communication.

My question is:
If he were to ask me on another date, wouldn't he have already done it, especially since he already broke the "3 day rule?" Wouldn't he already need to make plans with me by Tuesday for Friday or Saturday if he wanted to see me? What's going on here? Why no text on Sun, Mon or Tues? I really liked him so much and am feeling pretty crushed. Is there another girl?

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 1

• i've never heard of the 3 day rule haha. I don't know why he hasn't been responding. how have you been replying to his messages? do you convey interest? not necessarily, i wouldn't be thinking there was no hope for a date this weekend till Friday evening haha. some people are last minute plan makers. there is no evidence to suggest another girl, but i really don't know.