The key to pain-free dating is always have a backup. Agree/Disagree?

Most Helpful Girl

• In the beginning? I agree. It keeps me from getting too hung up on one guy's every move and becoming too invested too fast.

• Even after, it's good to have a rebound in place just in case.

• This is true. Good philosophy.

• Thanks for MH :)

What Girls Said 10

• The key to pain-free dating is having a healthy sense of self, some self confidence, know who you are, like yourself, and know that shit happens and you don't OWN anyone.

Break-ups are a bitch, but the world consists of 1 million different things. IF you can't see the forests, for the trees and the bees, then look at the fucking ocean.

• There is no such thing as pain free. So always have a back up plan if you never want to feel pain in a relationship. lol

• No. I've stopped doing that. Every time I have I screw myself over anyway. I can only handle one guy at a time.

• No fucking way. Hahah
    What's the point, just have friends with benefits then

• Haha agree it'd be nice to have a backup, but I only date guys that im into and if I like someone there is no space for a backup :P

• Completely false :D

• If you truly fall in love...no

• No.. Someone always gets hurt

• Disagree!! The key to pain-free dating is being dating-free :) or if you really wanna go for dating and be pain-free, bring analgesic with you. :)

• lol dating-free

• What if it doesn't work out but you're still in love? You need someone to talk to after and bounce back.

• I'm still inlove? Definitely he's my backup.. I don't need other man to be a backup in the first place if I'm inlove dating..
      But if he's my invisible thread, for sure there's no possibility of not working out.. :)

• Disagree. I will always have myself and my family, I don't need a side guy to help me live through life and date. That's really pathetic, honestly.

What Guys Said 5

• If you view it like that possibly. It can possibly make a nervous guy behave more easily around women since he'll still have a hookup later on. That's if you have a good backup who won't cause problems for you.

• No I disagree. Having a back up means you anticipate failure, or you are too easy to give up. A back up is also a constant distraction to your relationship.

• That can be translated to "the key to pain-free dating is to never commit." That may be true in some sense, but it also makes dating a rather pointless activity, so why bother?

When it comes to dating, my approach is simple: in or out, commit or quit.

• Nah. The key to pain free dating is to realize the world won't end if a cute person stands you up/dumps you. That's life.

You gotta be like Sherlock Homles. Your buddy's fiance splashes wine in his face and storms off? You go, "hmm", wipe your face and enjoy the dinner, even with them gone. A woman no-shows you for dinner? Have some wine, enjoy the meal, and don't let it get you down.

• The key to pain free dating is be prepared to hurt them before they hurt you. Kinda defeats the purpose, though.