Date night: makeup or no makeup?

I know guys aren't the biggest fans of makeup, but I just wanted to know what's acceptable and flattering during your first date with someone new.

Girls, what makeup do you use? (Mascara, lipstick, etc.)

Guys, what do you want to see or not see on a girl in terms of makeup?

Your help is much appreciated!

Most Helpful Guy

• I see make-up as a self-confidence tool rather than an impression device; so long as it is skillfully applied (actually compliments you) I approve of it all.

What Guys Said 5

• It depends. If it is dinner then make up is fine. You are already dressing up so male up wouldn't be out of place. If you we doing something like bowling or ice skating less or no make up and if you were doing something really low maintenance (laser tag or something outdoorsy) then don't wear make up.

Most important thing is for you to comfortable. If you wear makeup to hide flaws and insecurity instead of enhancing then may be you probably have bigger problems to deal with before going on dates

• I feel like either is fine, if you wear make up it shows you made an effort, if you don't wear make up it shows that you are comfortable with who you really are. Whichever one you prefer, if a boy is going to leave you or get upset because you did or didn't put on make up, then he ain't the one for you.

• So, basically wear whatever makes you feel most confident about yourself?

• Yes Ma'am! My gf wore makeup on our first date, and only worn it maybe once or twice since we been together, she's normally all natural, which I love...

• Thank you so much! :D

• just dont make up overload.. i do not think girls need make up but i know it helps them feel more confident.. so just a little make up goes a long way.

• Whatever you're wearing in your profile pic is fine.

• I want to see some make up but not overdone.

What Girls Said 9

• I use lipstick all the time, it is like an habbit. I feel uncomfortable without it.
    And mascara it is a must for me too. But for the rest i honestly don't use and don't feel comfortable with them.
    But it also depends where you are going. If it is sth fancy, i would use more like a BB cream and eyeliner.

• I always go with whatever I usually wear. So, a bit of bronzer on my cheekbones, bit of eyeshadow, eyeliner and mascara. I put it on pretty lightly so it just looks polished, not gaudy.

But I say whatever you're comfortable with!

• depends on the date.

its its fun and casual ill just do bronzer and some mascara.

if its more formal ill go with bronzer, eyeliner and lipstick :)

common factor of bronzer lol, i love it!

• If you do natural make up then the guy won't even know, i.e. foundation that is your own skin colour not orange (we all know the girls). So perhaps a bit of power instead of liquid foundation, then a lip gloss, mascara, earthy toned eye shadow and no eye liner ;)

• I don't have much experience with dating, but I would definitely wear foundation. That's just a personal issue though - my cheeks tend to flame up even when I drink lukewarm tea or take a 50-yard sprint for the bus, or hell, even light breeze in my face makes me look flushed. Other that, I think makeup is ok as long as it accentuates your features instead of hiding them. Just an observation from school.

• It depends on what we're doing. If it's casual I'll just touch up my skin with some concealer and wear some mascara and lip balm. If it's more formal/fancy, I'll wear more.

• I use eyeliner a mascara everyday, I apply it heavier when going out. Also a little blush and always have my nails done.

• always mascara and lip tint for me :D

• Honestly unless you look like a clown, I doubt most guys would care.

I sometimes wear makeup every day, or any occasion outside of morning classes. I wear makeup going to the park. My go to makeup for most occasions/daily is light foundation, mascara, and liner on the upper lid. The liner can be a slim precise line or a thicker bolder line, with a cat eye. I like the latter more because I have big brown eyes and I think it looks better with thicker liner. I may or may not wear lipstick. I love lipstick, especially matte lipstick and lip stains. But I eventually get that line around the inner part of my lips. Not cute. And I have full lips, not thin ones, so I can't hide that shit. lol And I dont really wear eyeshadow or blush much.

So I may or may not wear lipstick. If not, just clear lip balm. Honestly, I think "I need to touch up or check my lipstick" may annoy some guys on first dates. So I avoid that usually.

For those who dont know what look I'm talking about, its more or less these, minus eye shadow. I love a good cat eye. Retro, cutesy.

3.bp.blogspot.com/.../CatsEye.jpg
    i4.cdnds.net/.../...e-jenner-make-up-instagram.jpg
    2.bp.blogspot.com/.../audrey-hepburn.jpg