Should I take this as he is not interested?

I have been trying to figure out how to ask a coworker to hang out to get to know each other better. While I was talking to another friend at work about after work plans my crush I suppose you could call him walked up. I invited him to join. He agreed with no hesitation, but brought several of his own friends. Since he brought a lot of people should I take that as he just wants things to be friendly and not "friendly:?

What Guys Said 1

• No you approached this all wrong. If you want to hang out with just him, you don't ask him to join you with other people. Nobody wants to be a 5th wheel. Next time, you need to say to him you enjoyed his company, but would like to get to know him better. Ask him for a drink or whatever just the two of you. Leave your friends out of it.

• well I didn't want it to seem too date like. And he knew the people going which made his decision to bring people confusing.

What Girls Said 1

• It's good that he showed up and expressed interest, but definitely doesn't mean he isn't interested.
    I think what he did is only natural, like he probably just felt more comfortable and also it shows you the company he keeps.
    It's too soon to write him off as being interested, definitely time will tell. It's only the beginning.