Girls Would you date a guy in a wheelchair with cerebral palsy be honest?

Say his nice, kind, funny would you give him a chance

• Yes the wheelchair does not matter
  • Yes but I would have to get to know him and his disability
  • No I just think a wheelchair would make it too hard

Most Helpful Girl

• I voted B, just because I'm not as versed in cerebral palsy as I should be. But your pic is cute! You look like a sweet guy.

I remember when I was studying away with friends and met this guy that was in a wheelchair. I never pursued anything because we lived in different countries, but I was very attracted to him. I was young at the time and was kind of surprised how drawn I felt to him.

Now that I've been with my bf for some time and know what it feels like to be in love, I can honestly say that the whole "love is blind" mantra is true. When you're in love with someone…you love everything about them (even the things they do that annoy you and drive you crazy!). You love all of their flaws because that's what makes them, them. I know this sounds cheesy, but it's true. At the end of the day, when you lay your head down to sleep next to the person you love, it's about how they make you feel. It's about the compatibility and commitment you share…not about their flaws.

So that being said, you have nothing to worry about :)

What Girls Said 15

• Girls Would you date a guy in a wheelchair with cerebral palsy be honest?
    C. No I just think a wheelchair would make it too hard

"Say his nice, kind, funny would you give him a chance"
    I'm not into giving guys chances as I find guys rarely are put in the position to give chances as they generally pursue/approach gals they find attractive so from the get-go the option is perceived as appealing. When guys generally approach each and every gal to see if she's nice, kind, funny rather than approach attractive gals to see if they have those traits then I'll start giving chances. LMFAO

• I honestly spent an hour attempting to respond to this, as stupid as that is. However, this shouldn't be a question. Your personality and intellect has nothing to do with your physical capabilities. Thus, I would give you a chance in a heartbeat. We are not our disabilities, we are the strength it takes to overcome them.

• Absolutely!! Disability or not, so long as our personalities are compatible. I used to have a huge crush on a boy who had asperger syndrome and I didn't care about his outbursts. He was funny and very kind and we were both huuuge video game nerds~ But he ended up moving away and I haven't really spoke to him since :/ So of course if we got a long I would give you a chance. There is no stopping that!

• I have health conditions myself & it is hard to find a guy to accept it especially because it keeps me from doing certain things & going out at times. I wouldn't have a problem with it to be honest. It's hard to find a guy with those characteristics sometimes. If someone won't be apart of your life because of your health be glad, that's not the people you want around anyways.

• If he's nice, kind, and funny then why wouldn't I?

• Voted A. I would definitely give him a chance.

• Yeah, the wheelchair isn't an issue to me. What kind of cerbal palsy do you have?

• I would give you a chance

• It would depend on the guy if we got on fine I don't see a problem.

• Nothing makes a difference except the personality... All else is not an issue

• If that guy is really sweet and respects me.. yes i will date him and understand him :))♡♡♥

• Yes I would but I would have to get to know the person first. I am not just saying that to be politically correct because if I was approached by a person in a wheel chair and we had a great connection it would be hard for me to say no!

• That's ok I think getting to know people first is better anyway then you know it is more then lust

• Honest? No I wouldn't. I wish I was the type of person who can overlook things like that and fall for the person he is but I'm not. And I'm sorry for that. You'll find someone with a bigger heart then me

• Honestly no

• I'd definitely have to learn more about his disability before I'd feel comfortable dating him.

• That's more then fair to be honest if I was not disabled I would feel the same way. In my future I hope too meet a girl like that as I feel that we could have a more serious relationship thought getting to know one another.

• I'm positive you'll get the kind of relationship you're hoping for.(:

What Guys Said 2

• One of my best friends ever was as you describe. Sadly he has left us but he lived life to the full and touched everyone he met. He always had a joke. Was always cheerful. He never complained. I think about him often. He never married but women gave themselves to him because he was so much fun and uplifting.

• Sorry to hear about your friend it shows that their are woman out their who will open their hearts to guys in wheelchairs

• Unintentionally cruel joke for option C

• It's not a joke it's the biggest kick in the nuts when you get turn down for something that is not you fault

• In poor taste, I apologize. I've experienced that and it sucks

• Its alright just part of life I guess