How long into a relationship should I have sex with a guy?

How long into a relationship should I sleep with him?
How do I tell him that I want to wait a few weeks or so?

He wanted to have sex the other day but I told him that I didn't want to, I feel really bad for saying no but I don't want to have sex with a guy until I'm ready :/

Most Helpful Guy

• Tell him by simply telling him you want to wait. If he can't wait and keeps pushing you it's obvious what he is after more than you.

As far as when in a relationship should you sleep with him? If you feel you're ready. Only you will know that. But IMHO you both are too young to be doing it because as the saying goes, people do stupid things when they're young".

And FYI, you can get pregnant even from pre-cum. If you're gonna do it then go all out on protection.

What Guys Said 5

• (Under 18) Make it at least 3 months, but 6 months is better.

How old is the guy?

• I'm nearly 18 and he's 19.

• Normal age difference. His expectations will depend on the kind of girls he dated before you. Once you're 18, do as you feel OK
      with.

• He's been with older girls and he mentioned that I was the first girl that's younger than him.

• How experienced are the two of you?

• He's slept with 6 older women and I've slept with 2 guys.

• After you're over 18.

• all these people... do what feels right but dont think that there should be a time line. if you aren't ready just tell him. easy as pie.

• I've been hurt in the past by two guys pretending to like me and used me, I've told him that and I'm not sure how long he can wait :/

• well, if he doesn't just want sex he'll wait. good luck young lady.

• Thanks :)

• then if I was you I take him to bed after third date

What Girls Said 2

• after 6 months minimum

• OMG at your age a guys SHOULD wait and should not pressure you. Don't let him do that.. and don't be scared. If he bails cause you won't give him sex, that means he was not worth having anyway and would have hurt you. When guys rush a lot it means they are after ONE thing.