Going out with another girl while having girlfriend is cheating or not?

Hi. I met this girl from my English class and she asked me for going out (not date just like friends) and I said this weekend would be OK and I'M free.
But I didn't tell her that I have a girlfriend also didn't tell my gf yet.
do you think its cheating or not?

Most Helpful Girl

• I would def talk to your gf before ANYTHING happens even making plans to hang out with another female, because we are just like guys, we will defend what is ours when another female poses as a threat. Personally if my husband would go hang out with a girl that I didn't meet/trust I would be furious and I would consider that cheating because I don't know who it is or what happened.

What Girls Said 15

• Well the fact you're asking is a bit concerning but I don't think it is. If you don't tell your girlfriend and she finds out for herself, she will assume you're cheating and it'd cause a huge unnecessary argument and possibly a break up. You should tell her, go out and then subtly hint that you have a girlfriend.
    If you didn't tell your girlfriend you were meeting up with her and you didn't tell the girl you had a girlfriend and you kept meeting up with her, then I'd say you would be acting shady and emotionally cheating. You shouldn't have to hide such a thing unless you're guilty of something.

• if you didn't tell your girlfriend your going out, and didn't tell this girl about your girlfriend. . . already know what your doing is bad because your withholding information. if you would't like her to do it to you, you shouldn't do it to someone else.

• What cheating is, is defined but the two people in the relationship. But a simply quedtion- would you like it if it was the other way around, your girlfriend meeting a guy and not tell him she has a bf and not tell you whats happening either?

• No its not cheating.

• You don't know her intentions with you. You must make it clear tell her you have a gf and tell your gf that you're going to hang out with her. Hiding things is shaddy. If you decide to hide it, it becomes cheating.

• I would think you are cheating, because you lied by omission

• No it's not cheating, if your going as friends then its okay, but make sure you tell your gf that your going to hang out with this girl, and make sure she's okay with it, and if she's okay with it, and if not have your gf meet this girl.

• So, if your bf went out to dinner with some girl and doesn't tell you you're okay with that?

• No but if he tells me about the girl first I'm okay with it.

• if you do not tell the girl you have a girlfriend, and tell your girlfriend you are going out with a friend then it is cheating.

• It's cheating if you are lie to each of them. If it is totally platonic then you would have told her you have a girlfriend.

• No, as long as you tell your girlfriend and you hint to the other girl that you are taken.

• Whats the big deal? Why can't you just tell your girlfriend about it and tell the other girl that you are taken so she doesn't asume anything and still go to that "not date" night out

Simple as that

• Some people need to take chill pill getting mad and all that calm down

• If you have to ask then you're feeling guilty, and if you're feeling guilty then you're cheating. If you haven't told your gf then yes it's cheating.

• I don't think it's cheating as long as you do tell your girlfriend you are going out with this girl, but make sure the girl knows that you are in a relationship so she doesn't go getting the wrong idea of things.

• Yes! The fact that you're even going somewhere with some other girl behind your girlfriends back is gonna get her mad. Not only that, but you didn't tell her you had a girlfriend.

• They barely know each other so he's not going to outright say he's cheating.

• I'm just saying if I were in his girlfriends shoes, I'd think it's cheating because he's going out somewhere with another girl while his girlfriend doesn't know about this.

• I agree, if you're hiding it you're cheating

• if it's just going out as friends, then it's not cheating.

But, if you keep it a secret from your girlfriend, that's not really fair to her. Just tell her you're meeting up with a friend and if she's worried explain that it's platonic. If you don't tell her and she finds out you were with this girl, she might think you are cheating, or consider you untrustworthy.

What Guys Said 3

• The only possible way it would not be cheating is if you told both of them the truth and they were both ok with it. Anything less is cheating. I would never do that to a gf of mine. If I wanted to be with someone else, I would tell her and move on. That is just being respectful of her. Even though I think its wrong to leave your gf/bf for someone else, I realize most would disagree with me.

• As long as it's a platonic thing then it's not cheating. All the same I would let your gf know you're going just so she doesn't think your hiding something.

• Not telling your girlfriend is cheating.