Guys: Would you mind dating a girl who used a cane?

Just all in the title, would you consider this a deal breaker? :)

Girls can answer too!

Most Helpful Guy

• Relationships are about making an emotional connection with someone. Cane, wheelchair, walker, missing limbs,... none of it is a deal breaker.

What Guys Said 11

• It wouldn't bother me. But there was a period of a few years I needed one, so I understand. I once met a woman that was a paraplegic in a wheel chair that I would have given a shot.

• I'm glad some guys wouldn't mind and I'm sorry you had to use one for a while, I hope you're better now? :)

• I understand 100%. Back when I needed one I had a very bad limp. I have managed to overcome it, but in my minds eye, I still limp badly. Though I tend to walk fine and the only days I get asked is when I am sore from weather or something, I still think it is worse than it is. The point here is sometimes we make these things a bigger deal than they really are. It is just human nature.

• Yeah I completely agree, it's more in your head than anything else. I'm sure some people do stare but I think you just have to harden yourself to it.

• In this said cane...would there happen to be a hidden ninja blade, or some type of transformable hook shot weapon?

• No but if pushed that sounds like an inspired idea! ;)

• Nope, not at all.

• Yes, no problem dating a girl who uses a cane
    if i refused to date the girl that means I'm
    being judgmental based on her disability's

• My cousin has cerbal palsy and age 39 but I helped lift him up
      from when i was a young age, his late dad taught me if he slides
      down he got to be lifted up, he has these aids who take care of
      him and not one of them catch on to what to do and no he isn't heavy

• Thanks so much for your reply and I'm glad you're so open minded. My best wishes to your cousin and you sound like an amazing help to him :)

• Awe thank you hunnie :) *Hugs*

• No it would not bother me in the least.

• A cane for life? No. Is it possible to fall in love with her? Yes. Would I allow myself to do so? No.

• If I was attracted to her, I'd be okay with it, I guess.
    Also, I would be annoyed if I did something nice like holding a door open for her and she complained because she can do it herself. That would get old fast.

Do you temporarily have to use it or is it a more serious problem?

• I wouldn't mind somebody opening doors for me, I think it would be sweet and considerate. Just so long as I still maintained a sense of independence and that they understood that was important to me :)

I was raped when I was young with an object which damaged some of the nerves in my legs so I need it for balance and I've need it since I was 9. But in time hopefully by gaining some strength I won't need it as much as I do :)

• Oh no. I'm sorry to hear that. Needless to say, I hope you do recover to the point where you don't need it.

That's a fair point. I can understand not wanting to feel like you are dependent on someone, but it's something I'd normally do anyway.

• nope, i cannot. She must be whole like me. If I were disabled somehow, I would be perfectly okay with no one talking to me.

• yes I would I have no problem with that you love a person for who they are not how or what they need to get around hell I dated a woman in a wheel chair and at that time it was best sex I ever had

• Do you have a top Hat and Monocle as well?

Just joking, it wouldn't bother me.

• Aw. Yes I would date a girl that uses a cane. If you don't mind me asking do you have some kind of disability?

• Aww thank you! :) I've mentioned the reason to other people who have asked. I don't want to go into it too much but you're welcome to look and read :)

What Girls Said 4

• It all depends on what she's doing with that cane, lmao!!

• Would not mind at all.

• If I liked the guy it would be a non issue.

• hahahahaha Keds don't make canes sexy!

• I think most people would be. You're beautiful, most guys probably wouldn't even notice the cane that much.

• Thank you so much :) you've been really kind already! Hopefully I won't have to have it forever though with a bit of luck lol

• no i dont think it would be a problem at all and if it is then the guy clearly doesn't deserve you!! :P