Could you date/marry someone who is your soul mate but will always hate your family?

If you met a person who is perfect and meets every one of your expectations with flying colors & they love you with your entire heart but they despise your family, would you still remain with them?

Your Lover will always looks down upon them and hates being around them and tells you that it doesn't effect how they feel about you, Can you still do that?

I know a married couple in this situation so I'm truly interested in what you have to say.

• Yeah , at least they still love me.
  • No, I couldn't stand it.

Most Helpful Girl

• No way. Family comes before anyone. But my family is pretty hard to dislike lol.
    If he were truly my soul mate, he wouldn't hate my family.

What Girls Said 10

• This was a really hard question. I think it's one thing to not get along or like, but RESPECT, then to hate and disrespect- that is what I could not let happen. My family is such a big part of my life.

• No, I am very attached to my whole family. If he hates my family that's a big problem. I mean it's okay if he doesn't live them but to hate them is too much. He might hate some things about them maybe etc. but he should be nice to them because of me.

• I don't want anyone to treat my family like shit, by respecting my family shows that they respect me too.

• I can't even date someone that doesn't at least like my parents. It's incredibly hard for someone to hate my parents. It's a huge deal breaker for me, especially if they're openly expressing their hate towards to them. I would understand if they didn't like my siblings as long as they don't constantly talk shit about them.

• I can't stand most of my bfs family which he knows and shares some mutual feelings towards them. Also I have reasons to despise them. I guess it really all depends on the context of the actual situation... Like if they have a reason to hate them like a good reason i could see how it would ok but it could cause problems with in the relationship but then again if it's a soul mate I don't know huge obstacle to over come

• No if they couldn't get along with my family I don't think it would work out.

• Definitely. To me, it would be much harder knowing my one and only love is out there but we're not together. Any guy I'd date after that just wouldn't compare.

• no. my family comes before everything.

• I have this problem to a certain extent. It makes life hard at times.

• My soul mate wouldn't hate my family

What Guys Said 4

• Nope! I wouldn't expect her to 'like' my family, but she needs to be at least 'neutral' towards them and not 'hate' them without a valid reason.

• How can i count someone as soulmate who hates where i am and what i am from..

• Of course not. And you shouldn't ethier

• Nope. She doesn't truly love me with her entire heart if she doesn't love my family