How should a guy ask a girl out?

Should he tell her that he likes her and wants to take her out sometime or should he just ask her if she wants to 'hangout'?

If a guy uses the word 'hangout' could that be misinterpreted as 'two friends getting together to socialize'?

Most Helpful Guy

• In my opinion, you might want to consider reversing your thinking of how. You see, just walking up to someone and asking them out does work every once in a while, but not all the time. When you meet someone you're interested in, be INTERESTED, instead of being interesting. Don't attempt to impress her, but instead, ask open ended questions so she may talk about herself and tell you about her. Look in her eyes and not at her mouth, so that she knows you're paying attention, and pay attention. And when you approach someone, have something to talk about beyond "Hi. how are you?" For instance: you're at a brewery. You see a girl that you want to approach. You're drinking stout, she's drinking amber. Finish your beer and walk up gently and say. " that's an amber right? What kind, and why do you like it? I'm asking because I'd like an amber, but I haven't had to many to have an opinion. If she's cool, she'll give you alittle schooling in her knowledge, and will appreciate that you value her opinion. Once the comfort level is high enough, branch off to other topics based on what you're both interested in. Listen to her, and don't just wait to speak. Woman are attracted to behavior, and if you're a good guy, then you deserve to find who you like to be around.

• You're right, so it would be better to get her to open up about herself a bit? I've only ever made small talk to this girl and no nothing about her. I was just going to ask her out and see what she says.

• Yes. You haven't made her feel comfortable. You need to show her you're a stand up guy, get her to relax and open up alittle, and then ask her out.

• I honestly don't know why she is so shy and reserved around me when she's talkative and engaging with everyone else. Well anyway, I'll try and make her more comfortable around me but so far it has been me talking to her and if I don't carry on the conversation it just ends.

What Girls Said 3

• My ex-crush told me he wants to hangout and I was friend zoned. So the word can be misinterpreted. I'd like it if the guy would say "Do you wanna go out sometime?" .So if she says yes you can set a day to go out.

• Yep, ''hang out'' can be misinterpreted, tell her you're interested in getting to know her and ask her if she'd like to go out sometime

• I like this suggestion, because it's not fully loaded and let's her know that I'm interested.

• Yes hangout can be misinterpreted. Especially for naive girls or ones with lesser dating experience. Just ask her for a "date".

• Yeah I agree and that's the last thing I want to happen lol.

What Guys Said 3

• just co right out an ask "hello XXXXXXX, do you want to go out to dinner with me Friday night?" next few minutes will tell you every thing you nee to know she will either say yes and go on with the conversation or No and you have the rest of the day to pick someone else

• dang keyboard doesn't help my typing :(

co = come
      nee = need

• good luck

• Thanks man!

• Whatever you do...do not let "I like you" be the first things to come out of your mouth.

And for your age bracket, you could be a little more mature when asking, if she is 25-29 as well.

Instead of hanging out try to be more formal.

• I hear you!

How would you phrase the question?

• You can modify the part of asking the question if you will, it is up to you. You don't have to say "Want to go on a date?" if you have another way to phrase it.

Good Luck:)

• Thnaks for your help.

• Do not use the word 'hangout'. AS you said, it's vague. Say "would you like to go out?"

• Should I tell her that I like her prior to asking her out? I don't want any ambiguity to linger around akin to a fart in a space suit.

• Yeah. Say something like "I think you're really cool and want to know if you'd like to go out next Saturday"

• That's exactly what I'll do, it's amazing how I always manage to make something so minor into something major. Thanks for the advice, I appreciate it.