How can a girl date me for six months and then say that she doesn't 'feel anything' for me?

I'm 27 and she was 26. She has said that she likes me a lot and likes being with me and kissing me, etc.. We would even go out everywhere and she would say all these nice things about me only to eventually call it off by saying she doesn't have any feelings for me. She would then start crying and apologizing to me. I know she liked me and cared about me; I mean I was even falling for this girl after 6 months of dating. I have never met anyone quite like her and have such an instant connection. I honestly felt like she was it for me. Anyway, so after about 2 months of no contact, I discover that she's back out dating again. I still care about her and think of her from time to time. I was hurt pretty bad too by her dumping me because I didn't expect it. :/ I just don't get how she can say and do all these things with me to eventually have it all mean nothing. She's now moved on and meeting new people and it seems so effortless for her? I don't get why I'm so hung up over her still. :/

Most Helpful Girl

• You're hung up over it because she didn't clarify and give specific reasons as to why she wasn't interested in dating anymore. Maybe there wasn't anything specific and she just gradually lost romantic feelings for you. That's probably why she was crying, because she knows you're great and that you would treat her well, but she just can't see herself with you long term.

• She has expressed to me how much of a catch I am and she knows I was good for her. You're reasoning makes sense and thank you for saying it. I just needed to read/hear it come from someone else. It just wasn't meant to be.

• You'll find another great girl!

What Girls Said 6

• Unrequited love is very painful. Isn't dating fun? If love was easy, it wouldn't be so special. That's why you must treasure it when you find the one that loves you the same way you love her. Good luck to you, there is something better for you and when you have her, and look back at this relatinship, you will be SO THANKFUL she dumped you!

• She just wasn't feeling the relationship and you were. That's why you are hurting and she is not

• Why not ask her? Tell her you just need a bit of closure.

Chin up :)

• She let it drag on. That happens some times

• Yeah.. I see that may have also been the case too. Sighs... Thanks for your comment.

• She may not be into you right from the beginning but was just giving it a try. And also she may not know what she wanted then...

• maby she jst gave ya a chance then when she saw that this is not working out she just told ya !

What Guys Said 2

• Because she had another guy in mind, and she was bullshitting. But you can move on and find someone else.

• Although she proclaimed to me how that wasn't the case. Lol That were wasn't another in the picture. My trust was broken by her. But thank you for your answer.

• she was using you to lay some of that pipe.