Why does he only bring this up when he's drunk?

My bf and i have been dating for almost 10 months and live together as well. Last night we were arguing a bit because of some little things. The night before he was drunk and said he wanted to marry me and have kids with me someday. Before that we were downstairs talking and he's like oh so you don't want to have a kid with me..Which i do want to have kids with him someday as well. Then up stairs is when.he brought up the whole marrying thing and kids thing. I also told him how it bugs me when he checks out other girls and gets turned on by them so easily. He says he doesn't and i just think that because I don't trust him... then last night when I asked if he remembered what he said or what I said and he said no. Then he said he remembered talking about wanting a kid with me. But he didn't say anything about the marriage thing. Then we started arguing a bit because I got mad that he never remembers or listens when I talk about things. Then he told me he was sick of fighting and just wanted me to trust him because he plans on being with me forever. Should I believe him? And why does he only bring the marriage and kids thing up when he's drunk?

Most Helpful Guy

• first of all getting mad that a person doesn't remember something from when they're drunk is like getting mad at the blind for not telling you it's cloudy outside

why does he only bring it up when he's drunk? he's less inhibited and more comfortable to say things he may not say when he's sober

I honestly think your fights sound very very petty. you're arguing about things that both of you want. have this conversation when sober (regarding marriage and kids) so you can both be on the same page and then don't bring it up or discuss it when you two are drunk.

• I don't mean it's just when he's drunk when I got mad. It's other times to when he is sober and i talk about something. Not sure if he just doesn't like talking about it or what but kind of annoys me.

What Guys Said 2

• in vino veritas. You need to work on your trust issues.

• There's no such thing as forever. Everything is finite, everything has a beginning, a middle and an end.

It sounds like there's a compatiability issue here.

What Girls Said 0