He compared me to his...daughter...what was he saying?

Guy I've been talking to for about 3mos tells me he likes me, respects me and cares about me but really does the complete opposite. I'm done talking to him but yesterday he told me to follow his lead. When he said that, I said "I'd never do that, you could be leading me over a cliff." He responded with "why would I lead someone I (paused) never mind." I said,"you...what?" He responded with "exactly" I said whatever. Then he said "that'll be like me leading my daughter over a cliff."
"I know I'm not in the same category as yor daughter so what do you mean?" He paused and said "no!, you're not" in an angry tone.
Besides the clear weirdness, was he using his daughter as a pawn?

Most Helpful Guy

• Sounds like he's saying he loves you or cares very deeply for you.

You're making something out to be creepy when it isn't.

• It kind of is, I haven't even met his daughter. He's sleeping with other women then he basically recounts it...he has a funny way of showing how highly he thinks of me...he's even told me he forgot my name and won't use it. Hasn't asked any personal questions to get to know me...you still think that's it?

• Thank you.

• You're welcome. Best of luck.

What Guys Said 1

• It sounds to me like he was about to say that he loved you, but he thought you would misinterpret him as saying that he loved you in a romantic way, rather than the platonic way that he had in mind. If this interpretation is right, then the reference to his daughter was simply the first that came to his mind when he thought about platonic love.

• Thank you.

• After reading your replies to @rthomas43, I want to second his advice to move on. If he cannot be bothered to even remember your name, yet he tries to pull the whole "platonic love" thing, then he is just bullshitting you to try to get you to make a sexual move on him to prove that it's "more than" platonic. The truth is, there is no love in this guy. He's a player and you should not hesitate to kick him to the curb.

What Girls Said 1

• I don't think so either but if he's done really obscure things than run but What is the most precious thing in the world to a parent? there child.

Maybe thats why he was pissed you overreact to declarations of extreme care?

• First, thanks for answering. No. I just don't think he's sincere. He's so back and forth. I just felt he was saying it to "run game" on me.

• Aw man true, its a possibility you never know with guys ;/ But dont rule out the possitive completely just yet. But why is he running game if he has a daughter? I don't know something about #Singledadgame... I just dont know man...

• Thank you.