Is it a problem to like a girl 3 years younger than me and if not should I actually make a move?

She is 17 turning 18 and going to be a senior highschool while I am 20 and turning 21 in December and am a sophomore in college. We work together and when we talk she is really mature more so than me lol. My friends make fun of college guys dating highschool girls all the time and I don't know t want to face that. She seems like she's interested and I actually trust her unlike most girls.

Most Helpful Guy

• Nothing wrong with that at all, claim it!

• The issue is she said she isn't going to date a guy that's under 20 after her ex broke her heart but I'm thinking of it like if I had a 17 year old daughter with a 20 year old guy I would want to kill that guy cause everyone e know what most guys want.

• Well the thing is, any man isn't really going to want to see their little girl grow up. Age does matter to the dad but they will almost always have some reserve about their daughters dating. I think its awesome you're respectful of that though.

Really though 3 years is not an issue. Its like high-school sweetheart ages

• Awesome thanks for the MH! Hope it all works out

What Girls Said 4

• Give it a try you never know how it'll end out when your stupid college buddies are old and single..so I say ignore it and give it a go

• I want to make sure she likes me first cause if I get rejected it hurts anyways now if I'm rejected by a highschool girl who u will work with a lot it would make things so awkward. The signs she gives me are as follows is she laughs at pretty much every joke I make even if none else does. When a girl who I asked out previously to hang out texted me after a week of waiting I asked this girl I like now If i should text her back and she quickly said no don't. I ended up getting hurt by that other girl while this girls ex really hurt her and we have become closer since we both have moved on from past situations and get along very well. My gut is telling me she does but I am generally wrong in these situations.

• I don't see anything wrong with it. My friend, who was a freshman in high school at the time, started dating her now-boyfriend, who was a high school senior. They're still together. I don't think age matters at this point. If you're both interested, then it shouldn't be a problem.

• She is very very innocent around me and when another girl texted me who i liked for a while ended up breaking my heart lol this new girl told me to stop texting her. She was hurt by her ex though and i dont know if she really wants a relationship. Its like to the point where after the rush in our restaurant is over we sit alone and talk about anything. I don't know its weird to me I feel like I shouldn't like her cause she's so young even though she looks and acts older.

• not a big deal, i dated a guy who was a senior when i was in 8th grade

• Seems legit.

What Guys Said 2

• Don't listen to society man. Doesn't matter if she's 3 years younger or older.

• 3 years is pretty much standard. Go for it.