Why are girls less physically affectionate than men (initiating kissing, hugging, cuddling, holding hands)?

Why are girls less physically affectionate than men (kissing, hugging, cuddling, holding hands)

0|0
7|3

Most Helpful Girl

• Why are girls less physically affectionate than men (initiating kissing, hugging, cuddling, holding hands)?
    In my opinion based on my experiences/observations possibly:
    - in private gals may have the notion that the guy will misconstrue physical affection as a sign she wants to be f*cked. I've known gals that will not be affectionate with their bf unless she's ready for sex as she doesn't want to risk him whining about how she's teasing him and such.

- in public gals may want to 'fight' against patriarchal gender roles that gals are clingy, needy, emotional messes or diminish patriarchal female sexuality shaming. I've known gals that are quite dismissive of their bf because they don't want to be 'feminine' which is equated to 'weak' for them. I've also know gals that won't let their bf get too physical for fear others will see her as not a gal he 'respects' by being in a relationship but a gal he's just f*cking.

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 6

• it ain't true dude

0|0
    0|0
  • I really don't think this is true

0|1
    0|0
  • I don't think they are.

0|0
    0|0
  • I would be more cautious when I am in the public but I am still affectionate

0|0
    0|0
  • I thought it was the opposite, I've never had a boyfriend but when I do I know that I'll want to kiss and hold his hand a lot.

0|1
    0|0
  • Not all of us are. Just some I really like cuddling

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 3

• A lot of times are are really into that stuff. I noticed once sex stared kissing wasn't as common obviously.

0|0
    0|0
  • I have no idea why. I always thought girls were the affectionate ones and 20 years ago they were. This cold unaffectionate girl thing is a farely recent thing.

0|0
    0|0
  • they want the man to do it first, old fashioned

1|0
    0|0