Do you let your parents and family get involved with your relationships?

Do you let your parents, friends, and family get involved with your relationship? I ask this because some parents can't mind their business and when they try to stop their son/daughter from talking to somebody, they start back talking and might even end up getting married. I know several parents including my ex parents who ended up looking like idiots

Most Helpful Girl

• No. I mean, I take their opinions into consideration, but in the end it's my relationship, which means that it's my business and not theirs.

What Guys Said 4

• I never did.

• I GENUINELY couldn't care less if my parents disapproved of a happy/healthy relationship.

• lol no. I don't care what anyone thinks.

• No. That's all my choice.

What Girls Said 4

• Hell no! It is absolutely none of their business. So long as he’s not physically abusing me, there’s absolutely no need for my parents or family to act like they are apart of our relationship. Input is always welcomed but there must be boundaries. It’s totally inappropriate for them to be acting like they are an active part of a two person relationship and if anything it’s just going to add onto stress and encourage a combative dynamic out of pure frustration.

• His mama forcing him to take me to court because she work for the state she claimed I hacked his Facebook also but little do she know I didn't and that he been on his Facebook for days now. When he go write reports about me because she be taking him up there forcing him and doing all the talking he write false stuff down to get her in trouble he keeps lying and she keep looking stupid. She forces herself to look stupid

• My parents know their limits and are respectful when it comes to my love life. They aren't too involved, but they want to know the basics about the person I'm dating at first.

• No. My relationship is my business only. I don't want too much family involvement from either side - it never turns out well. I am getting married and our families and friends approve, and that's all we really need.

• Not at all, but my family doesn't try to either.