How to overcome the desire for strong sexual attraction and a good sex life?

I think this is a common problem for a lot of people - though females are pushed to get over it moreso than males.

How can people rise above that relentless desire for a partner they are actively sexually attracted to?

Most Helpful Guy

• Focus on other things you enjoy in life. I love sex too, but it isn't everything. Also don't spend time around attractive people if that bothers you. Lots of masturbation

What Guys Said 8

• Only abstinence and working through deep, painful agonizing loneliness will cure it. Discipline and denying yourself is the only medicine. There is no easy way out.

• Sex is fun, harms no one, and is good for self-esteem. Who you have sex with is no one's business but yours. You should never discuss it with anyone and choose only equally discreet partners. The expression of normal bodily functions is not a moral issue. Exercise your freedom to live as you choose, to belong to yourself, and to have your own life experiences.

www.dailymail.co.uk/.../...odays-hook-culture.html

• Males simply opt NOT to get over it. Surveys I've read suggest most men marry what they consider their best sex partner. And they're horrified if they discover their partner hasn't done the same.

They just compromise on other things.

• But that means females have to get over it even more, you know? I want to have that good sexual connection to my mate - but if my choices get more and more limited... something must change. Right?

• Do you think it's odd for a woman to feel this way? I'd rather date a guy I'm attracted to than some rich slob.

• No it seems perfectly normal to me and almost all men :p. and we want a woman who wants us purely as a man. Most of us are resigned to having to offer more.

• You could become a monk or go full blast, have as much sex as possible, then you'll get bored

• antidepressants and Benzodiazepines. These reduce one's inclination to feel aroused sexually.

• Buy a BMW and then write a manifesto...to soon?

• Totally, bro. Poor form.

• why just found someone you are sexual attracted to make sure they have a good personality and have at it like and pair of bunnies

• We get less and less attractive as we get older, however. :

• sure you have to be able to stand each others personality's inside and outside the bed room , but to go with your earlier comment "as we get older" we aren't as patient about building that nonsexual bond without a sexual bond for guys and girl only want the nonsexual which makes it much harder... sure someone that isn't as blunt as me will give you the politically correct answer but the results end up the same

personally I have always been the type that only bonds through sex and its when I am the most expressive about my feelings without it relationships wither away quickly

• Even though I'm female, I feel the same way. However, I'm more sexually attracted to guys I'm on the same wavelength with, I do agree. But I hear all of these things how women should value this or that trait and I just don't know how those things take the place of really wanting your man. I have female friends, you know? Sexual bonding is what takes it to that next level. Hmm...

• Just have sex with a girl. Problem solved.

• Well, that'd be even worse. Ha, ha.

What Girls Said 2

• Stay focus on other things in life..engage in healthy activities. Once your mind is occupied you won't have time to think about it

• How about in dating?

• I've generally waited at least a month and it doesn't seem to grow if there isn't a little spark there. What could I doing wrong?

• I would give myself 2 more mths more to assess a guy. If he can't wait it would be good that he is weed out. Unfortunately there are too many bad guys around I have to make them wait...

• Why would you?

• Necessity? I'm not sure. I was in back to back relationships and then I've been single a year. I'm nervous about getting back on the scene. I look at a lot of guys in their 30's and 40's and see that the attractive ones are with girls younger than I am and the others are... harder to become attracted to?

• Maybe I'm just too nervous. Who knows.

• Yea I can relate. : )