Would I have to quit my job if I dated an 18 yro co-worker?

I've mused about it. There's this guy who works with me who's 18 and just graduated high school. I'm 23 and just graduated college.
Would it be fucked up if I dated him? I've only thought about this hypothetically.

Most Helpful Guy

• I don't think that's fucked up. Only, I think you need to consider what would happen if shit falls through the roof, then your stuck with working with an ex boyfriend and the endless 'get back at you' inside games.

That's what I'd be worried about.

What Guys Said 1

• No that is not a big age difference.

What Girls Said 2

• Depends on company policy. As both of you are adults, there is nothing legally wrong with the potential relationship, but I know at my workplace coworkers are not allowed to date as per company policy. Two coworkers of mine wanted to date and one of them had to transfer to another store in order to be able to date the other.

• Dang. How can they prove they're dating though? They can't just be like, "well I heard through the grapevine that y'all are dating so..."

• I believe they're allowed to take action based on "hearing it through the grapevine" and they're also allowed to take action if you two are flirting or appear to have more than a platonic relationship.

• No, there's nothing wrong with that as long as he's on your level, maturity-wise. BUT I must say, I was in a similar situation (except I'm 18 ans he's a few years older) and we had a really nasty break-up and now I have to see him all the time :/ lol. So just watch out for that and you'll be fine!