How do guys feel about "Churchy" girls?

I'm a very strong Christian, and that's just who I am, and I will not change my belief for anyone, but I feel like a lot of guys are almost scared of that religious part of me.

Most Helpful Guy

• I don't think they're scared, they just don't want to deal with it.

And probably also depends on you. Are you the sort that pray/preaches before a meal? You talk tons about how your relationship with the Lord is growing? Are you Christian or Churchian?

• I'm a Christian. I pray before my meal, I talk about my relationship with God but only if the person I'm with feels comfortable with it and has a relationship with God as well.

• You sound like a Christian, as opposed to a Churchian. :)

• And definitely don't change for someone. Christianity isn't like steak vs sushi, that someone should ever change their mind for someone else, haha.

What Guys Said 13

• It depends on the girl. I am an atheist and that will never change. However my best friend is a very strong Muslim. It doesn't effect me at all. Why? Because he doesn't force it on me. At all. If you just meet him at a party or something you have no idea. Sure you notice he doesn't drink but he doesn't mention it. I've known him for about 7 years now and I only realised how strong a believer he was until last year when he went on a pilgramage that he worked 4 years to save the money for. That's when it really hit home.

Back to the point, I don't mind what my SO believes. As long as they respect my beliefs as I do theirs. I dated a girl about a year ago very briefly that pretty much had this attitude - I'm christian so you are not allowed to talk bad about god or relgion in any way, however I'm going to constantly bash you for being so stupid to be Atheist, but it's okay because I'm saving you from hell. If I ever retalliated about how I thought about her believing in Christianity, then I was being a dick and un-thoughtful of her beliefs.

Not okay.

Just a quick note before I get flamed - I think religions are great, they help a lot of people get through things that they couldn't do otherwise, and helps people in ways I can't imagine. However I just can't believe in it, so please respect that as I respect your right to believe what you want.

• Wow I respect you for that!

• I'm a Christian myself so I would definitely date a Christian girl. I'm definitely not afraid of them haha. I prefer them over non Christians.

• They turn me off. Church girls seem to me to be type that are just too goody goody. Don't like sex, or kinky sex, don't like to drink or have a good time (party) too into god and church. Out of touch with todays treads and attitudes. Sorry, I know that is a stereotype, and not everyone is like that. But my mother-inlaw is a "churchy girl" and she fits that bill to a tee!

• Lol I honestly find that kinda sad we have that stereotype... Where I'm from we're not like that. We don't have sex until were married, and some of us do drink, we make mistakes like everyone else not always "goody goods" and here in Portland were very trendy

• As an atheist I can't imagine myself romantically involved with a theist.
    Theism typically (Although not always!) tends to come with right wing political views and abstinence. Neither are things I could cope with.

I feel the same way about theists as I do about people who talk to imaginary friends. It's... For lack of a nicer way of putting it, creepy.

• I'm not abstinence and I'm a idiot when it comes to politics, but I don't have any particular view on politics. I just go with the best option. Democratic or Republican or Independent. Idc.

You didn't have to attack religion like that at the end.

• How is that an attack, Red?

• He compared people who talk to their deity to someone who talks to imaginary friends. People who have imaginary friends usually have a mental disorder and/or a little kid with some issues. That's insulting to those with disabilities and those who practice a religion.

Nobody insulted him about him being a atheist. Least not on here.

• When it comes to dating religious girls, I draw the line at how strong their faith is. If it's to the point where they would rather pray about a problem or illness instead of seeking professional help, then I'll let Darwin take care of them. lol

If not, then we're compatible. A person can be rational and still go to church and do religious activities. I even do occasionally even thought I dont believe a word of it.

• I'd hate it if the girl go to my church. Then the fam there and everything. LOL!! All in your business. However, I believe differently than they do now so I'm not really going to any church.

• I avoid them like the plague because I know that we're going to end up in an argument over a conversation or what I find funny or distasteful to her beliefs.

• if you're hot, it's okay, but just don't preach at the table.

• I'm proud of you and don't change for no guy keep your head strong with God

• Its ok if someone goes to once a week or on festivals.
    I dont know about them who go there daily some of them sound quite spiritual and humble and some are I dont know how they are I do not feel comfortable with them.

• You aren't one of those girls who preach about almost about everything are you?
    That creeps me out

• If a guy is religious, he'd probably prefer a rleigious girl

• I no doubt would not get involved. We are fundamentally not compatible. Not me hating on your or anything, but it would just not stand a chance so yeah, it would be an instant no go.

What Girls Said 2

• I'm not a girl but I want to give my opinion. I think you should try to date guys who have the same belief as you because at one point it will eventually be a probleme in the relationship if you don't. I think we should always try to date people who share the most essentiel values with us. To me religion is one of them :)

• I agree!

• I'm not a girl

It says you're a girl... lol.

• ahahah lol I wanted to say I'm not a guy because she adressed the question to guys. Sorry for the mistake and yes I'm a girl lol

• If he's also religious then it will be fine, and personally being a Christian myslef i HIGHLY advise dating only Christian guys