What do you think about a letter that was written describing the love of a narcissist?

By: John Howell

When I say I'm in love with you, I mean I love the way I feel when I'm with you. I love myself through you. I love seeing myself through your eyes. I love seeing myself through my eyes imagining how I look through your eyes. I love having someone new to tell my stories to, to express my opinions, and to share my profound theories and beliefs about the important things in life. I love hearing myself say these things as I imagine how they sound to you, and how enthralled with me I imagine you are.

When I say I'm in love with you, I love having someone beautiful to wear, like a new outfit. I love the way you feel on me. I love the way I feel about me when you are with me.

When I say I'm in love with you, I love not being alone. I love not being that tree falling in the forest. I love having a full-time, personal audience.

When I say I'm in love with you I mean I love being your mystery, your riddle, being what keeps you up at night, your obsession. I love being your altar, your sacrament, your icon, your miracle. I love being your answer. I love being the object of your sacrifice. I love being your pain.

When I say I'm in love with you, I mean I'm in love with being your sun, monopolizing your orbit, being your gravity, keeping you drawn back to me no matter how hard you try to jump or fly, keeping you down. Keeping you mine.

When I say I'm in love with you, I mean I'm in love with breathing your air, sucking your blood, eating your dreams. I'm in love with being your drug, your dagger, your suicide note.

When I say I'm in love with you, I mean I love the story I can tell to my next lover, about my ex-lover, about how beautiful things were, how intense, how storybook, what a couple we were, and how you gradually, inexplicably, painfully, bit by bit, disappeared.

Narcissistic Cheater

Most Helpful Guy

• It's poorly written. There's much better similes.

• well rewrite it lol.

• It's actually not. While narcissists love themselves they are not incapable of loving others. That's a myth. They just have a lot of trouble doing so. The same is true of psychopaths actually; we presume that they love no one basis of diminished empathy but that's not the case at all. It's just rarer and far more difficult.

• I agree with you on that. They love but with a more skeptical way of loving. Deep down though they have love for others and just can't express it because they have too much pain.

What Guys Said 2

What Girls Said 2

• Successful.i would be.

• It made me want to go out and slap a narcissist lol.