Ok, we are together now but how long does he pay for everything?

How does that work? I haven't been in a relationship for so long and I feel weird about not being able to...contribute, mainly because I'm in school with no job. He has the money to pay for shit but I feel like one day he's gonna be like "ok bitch, can you even buy yourself a can of soda?" - the answer would be probably not cause soda is expensive. But anyway! He's a great guy and has been my best friend since we were in our early teens, so he knows me and that I would never be with him just because he always picks up the tab. I bring over beer when I can, is that cool? or nah

Most Helpful Girl

• Well at first it was him when me and my ex were together but after a few times I felt like a moocher so I started paying then from there whoever has enough momey for two is the one to pay or whoever invites who, is the one to pay

What Guys Said 6

• I pay for everything when it comes to girlfriends, girls I'm dating, and even close friends who happen to be females. With that being said, when a female fights me for the check, it means the world to me. One of my best friends (girl) put it best, "I want to pay for us too". Currently I'm dating a girl who always takes out her clutch AND credit card/cash when the check arrives; the act in itself shows she's willing and cares enough to offer

• That's all very interesting. My bf always paid for everything all through our friendship, including quirky gifts and music from time to time. He told me recently that he's always loved me and that he's going to worship me til his death. That alone makes me think that maybe I'm just over reacting by worrying about this. Oh yea, and his friends are getting a beach hotel for the fourth of July and my man invited me to go. So, I'm like ahh...

• Enjoy your time at the beach! Regardless of the circumstances when you've entered a financially stable point in life and want to contribute to the relationship in a monetary sense I'm sure your boyfriend will appreciate it. At least that's my take

• Thanks dear :)

• just always offer to pay for yourself if he tries to pay for you first and he will most likely be like no its okay I got it.

• Hmm, no cause if he knew I was full of shit then he would take me up on my offer lol then what!!

• I forgot to mention if you had the credibility to pay for yourself before offering lol. unless he is going broke himself then he won't mind paying for you. and like you said you can bring over beers or stuff from time to time so there is a balance there. all should be swell.

• He won't even care about paying for everything when you go out. If you really wanna, pay back in stuff like beer like you are, or save up for a while and plan a surprise holiday or something for you both

• yes it is but if you two get married then it does not matter who pays cause the money to pay for things comes from both of you and that is a great team to be on

• That's a team I'd love to be a part of<3 Thank you for your input :D

• Don't stress. If he cared, he'd show it. You sound awesome.

Just keep a tally and pay him back one day with BAM check of justice!

• Just make sure he knows and understands you're broke and aren't going to be picking up the tab next time. You guys don't always have to eat out, cooking can be fun!

• Is this something that I should address? I'm not high maintenance whatsoever.

• Thanks again. If I'm nerdy because of the black socks in my picture, I didn't have running socks at that time and I'm editing that out!

• LMFAO Yea, it's the socks. I couldn't really put my finger on it until you pointed them out ahaha

What Girls Said 7

• Personally, I think that a guy should pay for dates and stuff most of the time. But when you feel like its something you can handle paying by yourself and as a treat to him, then you should pay for it.
    After marriage, its 'your' money as well as 'his' money.

• In my relationship, it was a gradual process but he's still a gentleman and occasionally pays for things. I've offered to pay for my own food, cinema tickets etc from day one so you could just offer to buy your own stuff once in a while.

• My bf often pays for everything because he is very old school. One time I grabbed the check really quick and paid for it. It made him feel bad. I just convinced him the other day to let me pay for the pizza we ordered.

• lol See, that's what I'm used to since the beginning of time but as I get older I start to wonder if it's unfair. When I was 23 my 38 year old soon to be boyfriend went to the bathroom while we were at a bar and I quickly bought a beer then went to the bathroom when I saw him come out. I came back to see my measly little dollars laying on the bar. He was like "why did you do that?" but then would turn around and throw it in my face that I don't do enough for him. But that's another story... lol

• Little things,...freaky things... ahah :D

• lol...them too. haha

• go places where you don't have to spend money!

• well first you need a way to get monry then once you have some, offer to pay for him. me and my bf take turns buying cause we both have jobs

• You should get a job then

• I'm in medical school full time so... helpful?

• Oh that's true. How do you have money then at all

• Don't hang out with him that often.. that way you can save him some money until you get a job and can pay for yourself.

• That's what I was thinking too. I don't even eat much while I'm there and when I come home, I weigh like, 5 pounds less lol But that's like 2 or 3 days a week and we always chill at his place. We always have a blast.

• I mean, you gotta do what you gotta do? If you can not pay, you can not eat..

• Exactly, and I understand that completely.