How to get over a crush that doesn't seem interested?

There's this girl I have a crush on... I guess she just isn't into me... Everybody I asked is saying that, I just don't seem to want to believe it... I'm a pretty sensitive type, it's hard for me to get attached and have feelings for someone, but once I do it's harder to let go... What should I do?

I already told her what I feel for her and she gave me a vague answer: "I don't want a boyfriend right now". I've been talking to some friends who say she might want us to be just friends..

Most Helpful Guy

• I'm sorry to hear that you're kind of hurting, Uraniu. The answer, "I don't want a boyfriend right now," isn't as vague as you think. She has spoken and she's not into you.

I think time is your greatest ally, but you can have another ally which will help you. It's called distance. Since prolonged contact tends to prolong the recovery, you might want to consider limiting your contact with her. This doesn't mean that you become rude or nasty to her. You just stop hanging out. You stop texting. You stop calling. If she wants an explanation, tell her.

Now, you are free to pursue the next Ms. Awesome. The question remains; what are you doing to make yourself become more attractive to women?

• One "little" problem... She's my classmate. And the final question is a very good one. I still have time to figure it out, but it's never to early to try to find an answer.

• Yes, I hope it does. I suppose when you're in class together, you could try like hell to focus on the lesson and not her. I know you are bound to fail sometimes, but it might be worth it.

• I have actually started to accept the fact that she isn't into me. As soon as I realised that, it became pretty clear that we weren't meant to be and it's somewhat easier now, I don't think about it very much at all.

What Girls Said 5

• Remember that she is not the only girl on the planet and you should not waste ur precious time on someone that doesn't care. M sure you will find someone much better than her only if u make an afffort to know other girls. Trust me you will not regret.

• Just become friends with her and if you can't do that the only other thing to do is let it go Let it go

• We are friends already, but the thing is I'm getting a bit sad when thinking of her... That makes it harder. And I knew someone was gonna quote Frozen in here.. :)

• I totally understand I had a crush on this guy but he didn't like me. Actually he just moved Monday. I still really haven't gotten over him but it is never going to happen with him across the country. I mean it's sad to think of him but in a way I know how happy he has made me with us just being friends. And for the frozen I just couldn't resist

• watch 500 days of summer and smoke a bowl

• All sounds great, except the smoking part.. I had actually downloaded the movie and was planning to watch it this week.

• awesome then icecream with it sounds better than a bowl

• When you have a crush it's like you have a cancer, it's something inside of you and from your own body that is destroying you. getting Emotionally attracted and attached unintentionally and without self conciousness is wrong from the first place. and now you suffer because of your lack of control on yourself. learn to control and it will get out of your mind. otherwise you may suffer from others too in the future.

• I'm exactly like you and I'm going through a similar situation.

I got over him by acknowledging things that I liked about him- I thought he was cute and smart and we had lots in common, etc.

I then thought about the things about him that made him not right for me. He is really arrogant and doesn't seem to care much for his friendships.

He also did flirt with me a little so I made peace with it thinking that he at least thought I was cute. I don't know if that's true but I have a strong feeling it is. I was also extremely proud of myself for getting the courage to approach someone I liked.

This way it isn't a "hate fest" and I don't have negative feelings to hold on to. Just what worked for me :)

• If this girl was really right for you, she'd like you back. I'm sure she's a nice girl, just not the one for you.

• That could be a nice exercise. It might actually ease some things up. Now that you say it, she seems to be flirty with pretty much any guy... She wants to have many friends (we've actually talked about that once).

What Guys Said 7

• It's difficult, but just move on. I see it often with others, and that's when people try to change who they are to get someone to like them. This is not the right approach. Be the best person you can be and if she isn't interested, her loss. You'll be happier and waste less time rather than thinking "what if?".

• Thanks a lot. You're right, I don't need to change myself to be accepted by someone else.

• Under 18, u need some time to gain experience dude. It's okay, let it go let it go can't hold it back anymore

• 1|1
  • Let it go...
    Let it go...
    Lol, but seriously, dont put yur life in hold for this girl and get on with it, but u should tell her how u feel first i mean, YOLO IT! If she rejects u, what have u got 2 lose?

• I already told her what I feel for her, she gave me a vague answer... "I don't want a boyfriend at the moment" and I think she's interested to be just friends..

• Then stay friends with her! Thats bettwr than nothing, right? Besides, friendship can evolve into romance

• But, how u know she is not intrested and i feel you should confess your feelings..

• try to be her friend and there is a thin line between friend and BF, you can break that..

• That's a hard one:/

• Do this, become friends with her, hangout with her, seem disinterested in her and just be yourself. For some reason, the harder you try to impress the more it seems to backfire. I have found the times I go out and put on the charm, dress well, etc..., I seem to get nowhere. When I just go out and hangout with friends and am not looking for anything, girls seem more interested in me. Go figure women...